Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of air conditioning vents for sale if anyone is interested. I bought them used on ebay. The two outers are black, and the center vent is brown/beige. You would have to paint them to match your interior. Everything is intact, but one of the outers has a tab that looks like it was plastic welded back in place, but if you have some that are cracked up, these are in great shape. I bought them and decided to order some from mercedes instead, so no longer need them.

·
Registered
previous 1998 SLK230, 1999 C230, 2016 SLK300
16 Posts
I have a set of air conditioning vents for sale if anyone is interested. I bought them used on ebay. The two outers are black, and the center vent is brown/beige. You would have to paint them to match your interior. Everything is intact, but one of the outers has a tab that looks like it was plastic welded back in place, but if you have some that are cracked up, these are in great shape. I bought them and decided to order some from mercedes instead, so no longer need them.
I see this is an old post from 11/2016. But I'm going to try anyway. I need the center vent for 99 C230. The rolling wheel which opens and closes the rubber flaps isn't working. I've removed the vent and can't see how to open it to possibly repair it. Mercedes web page says part is discontinued. My interior is beige. Do you still have the center vent for sale? Does it open/close when you turn the wheel? I'm interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I still have it. I will check.
Thanks. Since I couldn't figure out how repair the linkage between the rotating vertical wheel and the flap assembly, I just positioned the flaps fully open by hand and reassembled all the dash components. If I can't find a working replacement, I'll probably just use a slender wooden dowel pushed thru the vent slats to close or open the flaps manually. I know that's a lame solution, but I haven't thought of anything better yet. It's a shame a lot of parts are getting discontinued, and its only going to get worse. My car only has 53,000 miles on it. It's garage kept so it looks really good for a 21 year old car. I've been thinking about having the original wheels refinished, they've got some curb scuff marks and some finish corrosion. Can't quite make myself pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the center vent. It is in great shape. I cannot find anything wrong with it. All vanes move as they should and all tabs are intact and not broken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car is a 1999. What year did you buy that part for? Because it sure looks like what I'm trying to find. Are the lower screw hole tabs intact? That's even the right color for my car. I'm interested, how much are you asking (cost + shipping) ?

·
Registered
1995 C220
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it for a 95, but I think they are unchanged for a 99. Yes, all tabs are intact, nothing appears to be broke. I would assume it costs about 10-15 bucks to ship, I don’t know what the actual part is worth. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm like you, I have no idea what the part is worth on the open market. How about $75 to cover the part + shipping? I'm not a heavy PayPal user, but would that be a method for getting you paid?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts