Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of the Lexus and Toyota recalls and problems.I personally have had no issues with my IS350, but every time something comes up on the news all my friends bring it up.I am going to get a clk550 and have a few questions.Was the engine built by AMG?.I'd also like to know things to watch out for or any problems with an 07CLK550.It should be fast with 382hp and 390 ft lbs torque!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't speak to a coupe as I bought a 07 CLK550 cab back at the begining of the summer. Buy it at a MB dealer...make sure it is CPO'd and comes with warranty...in fact right now I would probably look at an 08. Test drive it...make sure the tranny seems smooth and aside from that you should be good to go. YEs it is very quick...no major issues...some minor electrical issues but all taken care of within warranty.

·
Registered
2008 CLK 550
1 Posts
Did the exact same thing as you want to do, except not for the same reasons (just got bored).

Out with the old...

In with the new...

I can tell you on paper it has about the same 0-60 as the IS, however my butt would tell you the 550 is faster. And it is super smooth, the 7-speed transmission is like butter vs. the IS. And I am only getting 2 mpg less in this car. Not bad for a big V-8. Do it man, you will love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts