Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500 sport
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a few problems with the car.
first im geting brake noise from the left front brakes i pulled the wheel and it all looks good but the wierd part is that its wile im rolling but if i just touch the brakes very lighty the noise goes away its like brake noise mixed with a little grinding so what could this be.

also i have a lot of belt noise and the car sounds a little like a desel and is very agravating to me.
the belt is a new oem replacement gates belt.
help me out guys and thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same noise from my brake, and when I took it to the dealer, the tech said brake pad was visually fine. I wasn't about to leave so I told him to check again so he took off the right brake, and said about 70% left which means left should be the same. I said no no take off the left brake, and he did. Turns out the left brake pad was cracked in half, and was rubbing against the rotor oddly. So braking actually kinda silences the noise, while slow idling makes noise. Sounded like metal grinding. Maybe you have the same problem. I had to end up replacing the rotor also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.