Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.3
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess today just hasn't been my day. I had been working on the ABS module on my 190 and wasn't having much luck so I gave up and started messing around with the windshield washer nozzles. They hadn't been spraying right, were clogged and needed to be cleaned. Cleaned them out and thought I would test them out. So I had disconnected the battery to work on the ABS and when I connected the positive cable back to the battery I heard the distinct sound of the central locking system locking all my doors with the only key I have for the car dangling from the ignition. FML.

Is there a way to unlock the doors from the outside somehow? I really have no idea what to do to get the car opened up. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes Benz 190e 2.6
51 Posts
daing! that sucks....i guess if u have locksmith skills then you could do it your self...other than if u have a control remote....i wouldnt try forcing the windows...u might break them....so yeah call your local locksmith...I KNOW! YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE SPENDING MONEY! BUT IT HAPPENS! next time hold the keys in ur pockets...LEASSON LEARNED!

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG, 2006 E500 4MATIC Estate
692 Posts
Vacuum pump gets current = locks
Vacuum pump gets current again = unlock???

The pump gets current to function either way. You tried doing it again? Haha.

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
pry the door back with a screw driver planted on a cloth so as not to scratch your car. Get a coat hanger through the pried top portion of the door (be sure to hook the bend of the coat hanger, wrap it around the lock knob and pull it up. I've broken into a fair share of 190's and even my own this way.

Drivers door, top right where it meets the rear door is the best place to pry. Don't go too hard, just enough to fit a thin wire hanger in. You may need to poke through your rubber seal around the door to make it in, but its a small price to pay for neglect. The small hole will not leak or do anything. But deep inside you know you will have hurt the car :(. Just fuxin with you. Pry that sucker open and get in your car.

·
Registered
1991 190E 2.3
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
pry the door back with a screw driver planted on a cloth so as not to scratch your car. Get a coat hanger through the pried top portion of the door (be sure to hook the bend of the coat hanger, wrap it around the lock knob and pull it up. I've broken into a fair share of 190's and even my own this way.

Drivers door, top right where it meets the rear door is the best place to pry. Don't go too hard, just enough to fit a thin wire hanger in. You may need to poke through your rubber seal around the door to make it in, but its a small price to pay for neglect. The small hole will not leak or do anything. But deep inside you know you will have hurt the car :(. Just fuxin with you. Pry that sucker open and get in your car.
That was ridiculously easy! THANKS A LOT MAN! :thumbsup::bowdown:

FYI, a little tip for anyone that does this, get a big long screwdriver and wrap it in masking tape at the end so there is no chance the metal could scratch your car and find a hanger that is painted or has a plastic coating on it. I didn't even leave a nick with the driver or the hanger!

·
Registered
1985 w201 Euro 2.3-16vlv / 1992 w201 2.6 Sportline Manual
6,726 Posts
That was ridiculously easy! THANKS A LOT MAN! :thumbsup::bowdown:

FYI, a little tip for anyone that does this, get a big long screwdriver and wrap it in masking tape at the end so there is no chance the metal could scratch your car and find a hanger that is painted or has a plastic coating on it. I didn't even leave a nick with the driver or the hanger!
Yes, yes I am good. Works on lots of cars

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
913 Posts
...... I've broken into a fair share of 190's and even my own this way.

That explains everything:eek:

Just kidding, thanks for the tip Kynyption

·
Registered
1988 190D 2.5, 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo, 1998 Lexus LX470, 1986 Honda VFR700
26 Posts
One tip to pass along from a mechanic friend, leave a window open when working on the car. Makes it easier to just reach in and crank the car multiple times as well.

Now you got the key again, make a spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts