Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to open my hatch the other day and the handle felt jammed and I was not able to open it. I figured it was frozen, but the next day when I had it parked inside for 8 hours at work it was still doing the same thing. It is like something is jammed. I can only pull the handle a little bit before I meet resistance. It does not feel the same as when its locked and you try and open it. Locking and unlocking right now currently makes no difference on the problem either. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
You are using your central locking on your remote key here, right? Looking through my WIS at this area, I note that there is an inner door handle for the tailgate lock. Can you operate this one?

Unfortunately the instructions for removing the outer handle require the door to be open to get to certain bolts.

The WIS instructions to install/remove the rear door lock require you to remove the door inner liner first, and this also appears to be done with the door open. Can you squirt some lubricant into the handle?

How about the mechanical key - can this be used in this lock?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I was wrong before. If the doors are locked the handle will have no resistance and it feels how it should feel when locked. When unlocked the handle gets to the position where it normally would right before it was to pop open. At that point, it feels that if I pull any further it will break.

I crawled into the back yesterday and locked and unlocked it manually and it feels the same as the outside. Not really sure what could be going on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts