Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 mercedes ml320, the hatch door is in the closed position and I believe that rod from the handle to the latch has come out. It does not work from inside or outside. How can I get the door open to repair the problem. Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,834 Posts
I have a 1999 mercedes ml320, the hatch door is in the closed position and I believe that rod from the handle to the latch has come out. It does not work from inside or outside. How can I get the door open to repair the problem. Thank you for any help you can give me.
What position is inside handle? Red or black?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in the unlocked position, both of the inside and the outside levers have no resistance, they are not doing anything.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,834 Posts
Lay rear seats down for better access. Remove small screw for escutcheon 23 and lift it upwards then larger screw for inner handle. Inner handle hooks at the bottom tilt it out at the top. This should give enough room to see and pull on the rod.
2019-11-22_113025.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i just got a 2001 ml320. It was hit in the rear hatch (its been repaired mostly) they didnt hook up the wires to the hatch and ive learned that the automatic doorlocks affect the transmission. You can hear all the door licks machine gunning up and down as soon as i put in drive. Now the problem is when i get going it wipl not upshift to next what do i do

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,834 Posts
Hi i just got a 2001 ml320. It was hit in the rear hatch (its been repaired mostly) they didnt hook up the wires to the hatch and ive learned that the automatic doorlocks affect the transmission. You can hear all the door licks machine gunning up and down as soon as i put in drive. Now the problem is when i get going it wipl not upshift to next what do i do
Disable automatic locks at speed over 5 km/h. See owners manual.

For transmission trouble have car scanned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts