Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i, having spent thousands of $ over the years trying to light up the road ahead, stumbled across this....and can safely say its the best white light bulb i've used.

has anyone used this or perhaps even something better?

Attachments

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Once again, i really emphasize the benefits of xenon lighting combined with the vaccuum adjust for the Euro lights.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I am using SilverStar on mine. Bright enough to me. But everyone has his or her opinion what is bright. Yeah, I would like to a real xenon light instead of a kit now after my last kit.

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
If you have H4s I recommend PIAA Xtreme part # 15260 4150K $100.00 for the pair.

MBGary

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
It's a whole system. But if you shop around, you can get them for as little as $250, for low beam only (compensate with vacuum adjust) or about $600 with both.

Eddie

PS...several major car companies (saleen and BMW) are touting their Single Xenon bulb for dual beam function by moving the reflector as a new invention...which is exactly what we can do with our cars...

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
cyberdrakon - 4/1/2005 9:07 PM

It's a whole system. But if you shop around, you can get them for as little as $250, for low beam only (compensate with vacuum adjust) or about $600 with both.

Eddie

PS...several major car companies (saleen and BMW) are touting their Single Xenon bulb for dual beam function by moving the reflector as a new invention...which is exactly what we can do with our cars...
Saleen yes, BMW, no. BMW does not have a single vehicle which utilizes xenon reflector based technology, not a single vehicle. ALL BMW xenon systems are projector based. Volvo has had a similar principle in their cars for a few years now. If I recall correctly, in the Volvos it is the bulb that moves. As for purchasing a xenon system, go with OE parts. You will need H4 casper shields, xenon ballasts, and D2R or D2S bulbs. This equipment will cost you around $325. I would also recommend that you upgrade your headlight harness to protect your investment.

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I had PIAA Xtreme before the SilverStar. With the PIAA, it's lost some of the brightness in the rain or wet surface here. It rains quite a bit, the SilverStar is not as bright but still maintian the brightness in the rain without any ill effect.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Hm...sorry not standard hi/low function, rather they are selling it as an option. I'll dig up the article. Maybe it was the projector rather than the reflector that moves up down (in addition to automatic left and right).

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
I would go with alteast Piaas thats what i have there money but well worth it and if i have extra cash i'd def do xenons but for now my Piaas have been the brightests and even have a light blue effect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts