Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody has tried this stuff, It looks like it will disolve carbon on contact. It states that it will sink rite into the metal!!!

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Looks like we could put together a big collection of snake oils in the forum uh ? Lol.

Cheers.

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice find Chris, I just saw an add on TV for this stuff, Just goes to show, if you through it into this forum, SOMEONE will respond with GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
I thought BG44k and the other BG products were ok. Are they snake oil, too?
I just remembered the Z-Max scammy infomercials, and figured I'd weigh in on that. But I don't know anything about BG44 or BG generally...they may be ok, I've never heard about them or used their products.

·
Registered
1997 SL500
398 Posts
Auto RX is about the only real deal out there. Check them out on their website or bobistheoilguy fourm for some unbiased info. I have had GREAT success with that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
zMax on Bob Is The Oil Guy

I just remembered the Z-Max scammy infomercials, and figured I'd weigh in on that. But I don't know anything about BG44 or BG generally...they may be ok, I've never heard about them or used their products.
Our fellow member is correct. Visit the Bob Is The Oil Guy site for some unbiased information posted by one of their founding members named Johnny.

He's provided a mountain of info on zMax and reading the comments by members on our site, no one knows anything about zMax.

·
Registered
2005 CLK500 black,2012 E350
391 Posts
The government has a lawsuit against hem.

Says not only useless- but harmful.

Just google.

·
Registered
15 Posts
zMax works best in the Heart of your Engine " The Combustion Chamber Environment "

Nice find Chris, I just saw an add on TV for this stuff, Just goes to show, if you through it into this forum, SOMEONE will respond with GREAT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!
drags1998,

As far as great info on the zMax, it's actually been incorrect 100 %. Do youself a favor and visit the Bob Is the Oil Guy site and type in zMax.

Be sure to read through all 8 pages of threads including the posts on their aviation product AvBlend.

One of their founding members named Johnny has used thezMax product for 40 years in his family and has posted very good info on zmax which if you follow the posts, has members now positively acknowledging it with the exception of several chemists who are trying to learn the process and are somehow blind to their extensive testing and 50 year performance history which includes aviation.

Theres great info for those who understand ASTM/SAE lab and field testing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
zMax works !

The government has a lawsuit against hem.

Says not only useless- but harmful.

Just google.
degeja.........

Sorry but your information is incorrect.

zMax and the FTC concluded in 2003 on their suit. If you read thoroughly on the outcome, here's exactly what happened.

zMax successfully performed several million dollars of ASTM/SAE testing in various areas which included running lab and vehicle engines.

zMax kept each and every performance claim of which they still continue to legally advertise everywhere including TV, eight years after the suit.

When zMax hired an outside marketing company to develop their infomercial. The marketing company used a percentage number next to the fuel mileage increase. The company ended up paying 1 million dollars for the marketing companies percentage mistake.

Percentage numbers are not allowed on fuel mileage improvements because the average motorist driving habits, vehicle,etc all place a variance on mileage improvement.

Additionally, the worlds best aviators depend on it to protect their lives with using it, yet you call it harmful ???????????????? Go to their avblend.com site and read the Sean Tucker Survival Story to learn how this product is definitely not harmful !

Interesting why you would throw out such a ridiculous post without anything to accurately support what your representing to all our members.

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Hmmm...

A brand new member with 4 posts, and every single one singing the praises of this max crap. What a coincidence. Shill...

·
Registered
1999 SL500, 2004 CLK500, 2006 Cadillac SRX
873 Posts
I have never used Seafoam or ZMax, but I can tell you that BG-44K is worth a try if you feel your injectors need cleaning. I had a Porsche 944 that I was going to remove the injectors and get them cleaned. It just seemed to be a little more sluggish off the line than I thought it should be. Before I did, I talked with a Porsche mechanic at the dealer and he said "I'm no believer in snake oil, but try this stuff before you remove the injectors". I did and I could not believe the difference in pep off the line. I use a can in the gas tank once every 6 months or year, in fact I'm in the market for 3 cans on ebay right now for all three of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2010 SL63 AMG, 2001 SL500, 2012 Corvette Z06, 2013 Lexus RX350, 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe, 2015 Ram
487 Posts
Hmmm...

A brand new member with 4 posts, and every single one singing the praises of this max crap. What a coincidence. Shill...
Exactly. Click on that member's profile and see what has been posted. Every one starts out with a blatant ad line for that z stuff.

Tactics like this, or spam, or telemarketing should never be rewarded. I gave no thought to any of those oil additive products before, but now I know for sure that I wlll NEVER, EVER buy this particular product. It's a matter of principle. I don't care if the product is good or not.

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,371 Posts
If it meows like cat, walks like a cat, then is a.......

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
1995 SL500,triple black ,also have owned since sold,1984 380SEL, 1977 280S
103 Posts
if any of this stuff is/was so good...then why dont the oil companies include it in their products premixed...even they know...if it works and sells...market it!!
..yes its all junk

·
Registered
2007 911 GT3 RS, 1990 420SEL, 2007 S550, 1994 SL500 6.0, 2011 Aston Martin DBS
522 Posts
if any of this stuff is so good...then why dont the oil companies include it in their products premixed...even they know...if it works and sells...market it!!
Because the fact of the matter is, its garbage and does not work!

Seafoam I do understand does work, and makes a noticeable improvement and is the only cleaning additive I'd ever even think of using in my SL. You can see the carbon deposits being puffed out the back even

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,371 Posts
All chemicals do/have reactions....
Like for example dissolving gas deposits, but at the same time can also do harm,
that is of course depending on the amounts been used.
So to the untrained people it is better to stay away then playing Russian roulette.
But sometimes salesmen come in to forums to promote their products. Haha.

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
15 Posts
zMax works best in the Heart of your Engine " The Combustion Chamber Environment "

Exactly. Click on that member's profile and see what has been posted. Every one starts out with a blatant ad line for that z stuff.

Tactics like this, or spam, or telemarketing should never be rewarded. I gave no thought to any of those oil additive products before, but now I know for sure that I wlll NEVER, EVER buy this particular product. It's a matter of principle. I don't care if the product is good or not.
Yes..... Taking the words right out of your mouth, " It's a matter of principal ". Practice what you preach ! As a matter of fact, I'd first like to see your posted proof to support the negative and false comments that are being posted. Remember, It's a matter of principal here.... Set an honest example !

I've used the product as an engine builder for 30 years in aircraft ,Indy,car,truck,etc engines and all I read is these unprofessional post's made by the site members.

Those such as member chriswufgator posted comments that they can't back up...... I definitely can from a technical position as well with extensive ASTM/SAE test data if any of you can understand it and most important, honestly acknowledge it . How about anyone of you posting something valid and back it up with hard and obtainable proof that you can put on this site to back up what you saying. Remember, It's a matter of principal.....

Remember that I'll be able to counter with fully verifiable and corrected information .

You do have honest members that read these posts who would like to learn about products that perform. Isn't that what this posting is about ?

Yes, I've use zMax in multiple AMG cars I've owned in the past as well. The only spam going on here is mole comments with ZERO to back it up.

Well ????????? how about someone stepping up to the plate with some proof to back up your ridiculous comments. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Remember.....post valid info that anyone on this site can obtain to fully support your comments.This will be interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the members set quite the amateur tone for carrying the Mercedes name. Very disappointing.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 78 Posts