Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'73 450SL, '83 300CD, '01 E320 4matic
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned 2 126's. Both of them had the center console falling apart where the wood is.

The current one, when I got it, was coming apart. I glued it back together, now it's coming apart again.

This is kind of a bad design on MB's part. It does look better, than say, the 123, where the switches are top mounted (and stay put). But the older design holds up better.

I need to know if there is as good way to fasten the plastic part that holds the switches back to the wood without destroying the wood.

The front piece of wood that attaches near the coin tray is falling apart, too :(

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
There are several ways of doing it.

Check out my VLOG if you have any questions on my abilities.

The preferred method is with a strong hobby epoxy. Go to a good hobby shop and get some glues. Epoxy and Cyanoacrylate's (Super Glues). Also ask them for some "Micro-Balloons" Those are great to mix into the epoxy for gap filling and giving strength.

Can you post pics so I could guide you better?

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts

The preferred method is with a strong hobby epoxy. Go to a good hobby shop and get some glues. Epoxy and Cyanoacrylate's (Super Glues). Also ask them for some "Micro-Balloons" Those are great to mix into the epoxy for gap filling and giving strength.

WOW, that's quite an accomplishment (the whole car I mean)! Very, very nice!!

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Thanks Graft. Hey do you have ASR on either of your car? Prob not. The Euro's never optioned it that way I do not think.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
Nope... sorry, my Euro doesn't have ASR. The sedan doesnt either.

Still didn't get that figured out huh?

·
Banned
0 Posts

Wow
is that your babe too?

wawawouwwi

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra, 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, 1999 GMC Yukon
1,660 Posts
No, that's what mclare looks like on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
She was back in Oct when the car was done. Not now. I am dating a 25 yo. now.

Sam - How's the wife and kids? I mean you got a cool wife and all, but a wife nonetheless.. And all of those kids.....

How can you even afford gas? Let alone that plate frame? Oh yeah... Wal-Mart... When America shops for well made Chinese crap.

Sam - If that's still on there when I come through there in Mid May, I'll drag you from the car and beat the crap out of you myself.

Do they have In N Out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts