Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once seen a w140 mercedes with some type of cooler in the middle of the rear seats! VERY NICE LITTLE COOLER... does anyone know where I can get that??? I seen this item on two w140s from differnt parts of the world! so I know someone makes them!!

thanks

· Registered
BMW E36, MB W140
179 Posts
retrofit ice-box

The new S-class (W220) has that "ice box" feature... so does the new lexus ls. I've always wanted that feature... the Ice box uses "peltier effect" to create the cooling effect (ie no refrigerants)..

so I did some looking around, and i found a 12v icebox/picnic box for $29 (at the store "Bed Bath and Beyond" in Glendale California)... it plugs into the lighter socket... I bought it, and I plan to modify the box to fit in the rear of my car, or strip the electronics out and build my own box... I do alot of long road-trips, so this is a very useful option to me...

was the ice-box on the w140 a factory option? can someone post some pictures of that features?

cheers

· Registered
2001 S500
44 Posts
Re: retrofit ice-box

The new S-class (W220) has that "ice box" feature... so does the new lexus ls. I've always wanted that feature... the Ice box uses "peltier effect" to create the cooling effect (ie no refrigerants)..

so I did some looking around, and i found a 12v icebox/picnic box for $29 (at the store "Bed Bath and Beyond" in Glendale California)... it plugs into the lighter socket... I bought it, and I plan to modify the box to fit in the rear of my car, or strip the electronics out and build my own box... I do alot of long road-trips, so this is a very useful option to me...

was the ice-box on the w140 a factory option? can someone post some pictures of that features?

cheers
The ice box was an option. I've heard about it but never saw it. Kind of thought it was a legand. However, I was looking through my fuse box in the trunk and saw the empty space where the fuse for this option would have been.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.