759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how they are!

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
I just checked my tracking and mine arrive today.
Will install tonight and post pics soon after!
Nick

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
ha - funnily - about 5 minutes after writing this post the led's rocked up.

Had a quick look - they look excellent.

Will post pics tonight once fitted.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd settle for good pics!

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
will throw up a photographic tutorial.

had a look at where the bolts are etc last night and at this stage i would rate it as about a 3.5 difficulty on a rating of ten....where rating 1 is starting the car up and rating 10 is....well.....something really bloody hard!

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bazzle i'm jealous!

Aaron Lephart

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
Baz are yours in Aust yet or just on the way?

They look far better in the flesh than in pictures. Nobody would know they weren't genuine benz lights.

To make it perfect every LED had better work or I will flip out!

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
will throw up a photographic tutorial.

had a look at where the bolts are etc last night and at this stage i would rate it as about a 3.5 difficulty on a rating of ten....where rating 1 is starting the car up and rating 10 is....well.....something really bloody hard!
Remove 1st aid kit on left side
(On right side remove panel above CD changer)
Loosen the 3 x 8mm nuts 1st.
Remove spanner.
Press light into body and remove nuts with fingers, DO NOT DROP.

UNplug, clean rubber seal area, plug in Remount,
Press in again
Screw on nuts by hand
Do up till just locking with 6mm spanner.

Bazzle

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
yup that about does it.

will add photos

·
Registered
SLK230K 2002
133 Posts
very interesting to see how good they look on your cars. So far, I love the Depos ... what a difference in giving the car an facelift. Pitty the light coming out of them is completely useless in dark streets. :(

·
Registered
SLK230K 2002
133 Posts
Facelift not arselift haha. I have depo headlights
I was referring to the fresher look of the car...

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
very interesting to see how good they look on your cars. So far, I love the Depos ... what a difference in giving the car an facelift. Pitty the light coming out of them is completely useless in dark streets. :(
Assume you mean the headlights and not the tail lights?

If so post a new thread and we will post how to fix what youve got.

·
Registered
SLK
543 Posts
I installed them and wouldnt you know it - i left my digital camera at home! Will update with pics tonight! Sorry!

And above - must be talking about headlights - because the new LED taillights are without exaggeration 2-3 times brighter than the standard ones.

They are awesome......i have to say i am very impressed with them in terms of their looks when they are off, on and their performance.

Install took about 5 minutes per side - the longest thing was just working out where to stick the transformer inside of the quarter panel! Easy!

If you havent already.....ORDER THEM!

·
Registered
SLK230K 2002
133 Posts
correct... i was refering to the headlights from DEPO. I did correct it but noone read it. Anyways hope you like em... post some piccies so we can see what they look like. Cheers

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230 KOMPRESSOR
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS!

Aaron Lephart

1 - 20 of 65 Posts