Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, with what? Did you up size the wheels to 19" inches? Pics, maybe?

I'm curious to see if I'll need to drop it after I put the HREs on, although the HRE and wheel manufacturer told me a AMG wouldn't need it.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
Probably not a good idea to drop it. Most of us with either an '55 or the AMG package has been scraping the front air dam.

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too concerned about that...I haven't had a car that didn't scrap when stock..C5...2004 Viper....SL 500 Brabus...but thanks for the feedback. I think I will see what AMG has to offer.

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
I think you'll find you don't need to lower the car. Like you, I couldn't care less about the low front ride height as I was used to 3 1/2" of clearance in the front and for my canten oil pan of my previous car. What I don't like on most newer cars is the gap from the fender to the top of the tire. This car surprised me with the lack of the "gap" (only about 1 1/2" of gap). I anticipated lowering it and have the Brabus springs to do so. But now I'm rethinking it. Don't know if I need that extra 1/2" of drop or not. I did put 18" Monoblock VI wheels and Pzero tires on it, but the overall diameter is practically the same as the stock 5 spoke AMG's. So that didn't make a difference. For the price of springs and labor to do it or hassle to do it yourself may not be worth it already having the AMG suspension. If it were stock suspension, I would use the springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts