Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor Sedan--Mars Red,2001 Mazda Miata LS, & 2011 GMC Sierra Z-83 pick up
90 Posts
http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/540
Get yourself a Haynes Manual ( manual number 63040--2001-2007 C-Class).

Yes there is one. Go to section 6-23 and there is a category for changing the PCV valve on the 1.8 Engine ( M271). The first two sections of this same manual go into great detail on both 4 cylinders used on these cars, the 2.3L is the type 111 and the 1.8L is the M-271.

This manual is well worth the appx. 20 bucks or so it will cost you and has lots of photo's as well as frequently used MB part numbers including the P/N's to order both dipsticks for engine and transmission. Get yourself a copy , you will save $$ in repair costs by doing these things yourself.............................................Jon 05 C230 Kompressor:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I'm not sure what Jon is calling a PCV valve, but MB hasn't used them for a long, long time. They have their own crankcase breather system, which is outlined here (pic from the EPC).

Good luck.

The question for the OP is why you're looking for a PCV valve to start with? ;)

Oh, and please think about taking a minute to click user cp and edit details to add your vehicle and location to your profile, it's often useful information when you're seeking help. If you're in the US, you can sign up for the EPC and look up parts all the time...for free.

Attachments

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
Yep, no PCV. On many cars, these are prone to clogging and can cause excessive pressure in the crankcase causing oil leaks. On the modern MBZ engines, they use a breather cover on the valve covers. There are small ports inside the covers to allow for air to flow without sucking oil into the intake. Sometimes those ports get clogged and need to be cleaned out. It's fairly easy to remove the breather covers to clean them (just re-seal them with black RTV).

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,138 Posts
Waddabout an EGR valve? We got those? Ever need to be replaced? 187K miles might be a good time.

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor Sedan--Mars Red,2001 Mazda Miata LS, & 2011 GMC Sierra Z-83 pick up
90 Posts
I'm not sure what Jon is calling a PCV valve, but MB hasn't used them for a long, long time. They have their own crankcase breather system, which is outlined here (pic from the EPC).
:bowdown:I STAND CORRECTED, --USUALLY HAYNES MANUALS ARE VERY ACCURATE , but in this case
What I posted was from info listed in that same Haynes manual in my post above. In it they in fact call something on the top rear near the oil filter a PCV valve ( PP 6-23). If in fact there is none on these engines, then Haynes is wrong and I will write them to let them know that their manual is incorrect!!

I am still learning about my 05 M271 so mistakes will happen. Thank you for posting up the picture of the breather system for future reference ...................................Jon 05 C230 Kompressor:thumbsup:

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
For breathing problems remove and clean the cam cover;

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 C230 Mercedes Bendz Kompressor
1 Posts
Hello. Hoping someone sees this post in a timely manner. I recently purchased a 2004 Benz C230 Kompressor. The check engine light came on with only one wrench- which we learned meant only a minor fix was necessary- we took it to Auto Zone and had it read by their OBD reader. Their OBD reader showed a malfunction for the Crank Case Breather Valve- once they selected that part, it showed an Oil Separator Grommet was needed for the fix. We cannot find a diagram that shows where this part is located. Can anyone help assist or tell us where we can find a full engine diagram or if a diagram can be found in the owners manual...which we downloaded but may need to actually purchase. Please email correspondence to [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.