Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone painted or refinished their stock rims, if so let us know and send pics if you did, thanks:):)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Let Wheels America do it. It is only $129 or something and they machine the lip, paint and powder clear coat. Mine look great!

Attachments

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
I got ridiculous quotes on mine from all sorts of refinishing companies. Then I started asking body shops and found one that did all 4 for $200 ($50 each). I gave them the MB paint code and told them how I wanted them done (off the car, with clear coat). They did a really nice job. Can't complain for $50 each. They look just about new. My rims didn't have any existing problems besides the clear coat and top coat missing. They weren't kerned anywhere or warped. Anything over $100 per wheel sounds just ridiculous to me. The rims really need to be taken off the car to get them done right. A lot of these mobile rim companies do them on the car. Not good.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Credit goes to Greg and joe55

:thumbsup:I just throw in a tip or diy every now and then ,so I'm familiar with all the great diy's posted in the diy section.
:bowdown:eek:hlord

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, i found a local company that does rim repair for pretty much all of canadian insurance companies, it like 65 bucks a wheel, stripped down, machined and painted to what you want.........

·
Registered
280 Posts
thanks all, i found a local company that does rim repair for pretty much all of canadian insurance companies, it like 65 bucks a wheel, stripped down, machined and painted to what you want.........
Can you share more information which company does these type of repair. I am in Toronto and hopefully this company is located somewhere in the GTA area. $65 is a fairly good price. Thanks.

Philip

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have winnipeg wheel works, and ultimate wheel works here, they told me what they do, it will look new, and i can pick the color, and design with no extra charge, ive seen a wheel done there after an accident on someone i knew, it looked awesome, i didnt know they did public walkins, but i am pumped......

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
I had beaten up OEM 10-spokes wheels that I hated so started searching the craigslist.
Young folk in the city was blacking out his MB and was selling the E420 wheels (like those on picture above) for the price of rubber on them.
In another words got the rims for free.

·
Registered
257 Posts
benzw210, your a brave sole. My wife would stick me in the eye if I put my black rims on the white carpet!! :thumbsup:

I had to have "a" wheel fixed/straightened this past summer. I paid like $175.00 to get it fixed, the curb rash removed, then painted and cleared. After reading this post it sounds like I got a screw-job.........

Oh well, pilots have more money than sense anyway. If we had sense we wouldnt fly!

Jeff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts