Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C230K
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the tuners has LED replacements (with some sort of an add-on thingie meant to fool the computer b/c the LEDs don't use enough power and the car thinks the light's out, blah, blah, blah - typical MB fun)

BUT, before I start changing what smart-cookie-German techs put as lights for a reason, I just wanted to check if anyone else had "improved" the existing lighting and what the results were.

If nobody mentions a thing about this or in reply to this post (in the next few weeks), then consider you never read this. I wouldn't want to be one of "those" people - you know, the ones that come up with the bright-ass ideas that make you question your fellow Benz owners and sometimes (just sometimes) they make you question yourself.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
led's

Some members over at the other large MB forum tried them and they were very disappointed. The led's were not a bright as the stock incandescent bulbs. If you are going to try them, you might want to try the white led's for the rear turn and brake lights, and only get the amber led's for the front turn signals. Part of the problem may have been they were using colored led's behind the red/amber rear lenses.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Sorry for jumping in to this forum, but it works fine on ML check the link

http://http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results_m.asp?model=W163&class=m-class&category=LED+Replacement+Bulbs

On the front turn signal you have to install a power equalizer. hope this helps[:)][:)]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Led's

Why would one put red or amber led's behind a colored lens?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
That's easy...

Why would one put red or amber led's behind a colored lens?
So that the colours will look even more vibrant. You're no longer simply relying on the lens to provide the colour, but the LEDs as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts