Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 SL500
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to the dashboard somehow?

im tired oof reaching over the passenger's sunvisor and pressing the button of the garage door opener.

im also tired of paying to replace the battery(12vdc) to the remote door opener.

has anybody here integrated their garage door opener somewhere in the dashboard and use the Zs battery to power it up?

im getting this idea from the viper head below:

http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_how_illup.htm

·
Registered
97 SL500
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for some reason i can not program my garage door

opener into the built in remove in the rear view mirror. i am still using my bulky garage door opener.

·
Registered
1998 SL500
58 Posts
Link to www.homelink.com. They'll assist you how to program your rear view mirror remote.

·
Registered
98 600sl
33 Posts
Directions are in your manual. All you need to do is press and hold the button for the remote while holding the button you want to program as the garage door opener. I noticed that my new craftsman opener did not program while my older model craftsman opener did. hope this helps.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
I am using the builtin opener with 2 craftsmen garage door openers. That was the easy part. I wish I knew how to reprogram the damn openers. they both open from the same remote.

·
BenzWorld Elite Member
2004 SL55, 2006 Range Rover Supercharged, 2013 Infiniti M37
312 Posts
Newer door openers use a rolling security code which apparently uses a new series of numbers each time the remote is used. I'm sure most of us recall the older models which used on/off pin switches which had to be matched between the receiver & transmitter.

For the newer type you have to add one additional step. Initially you program your car to the remote as noted in the manual. After this step you must push the "learn" button on your garage door opener, it is typically a round or square button which is near the pressure / height settings. After pressing this button go back to the car & press the button you are trying to program again. Thats all!
The car needs to "learn" the rolling code system of the door opener to be fully operational.

·
Registered
2000 SL500
106 Posts
I am going off memory but you will want to clear the codes in the cars opener before you program the remote. To clear the codes I believe that you push and hold the 1 and 3 opener buttons for like 30 seconds and I believe that the light will flash. To program your remote I recomend you do this out of range of your door. You will push and hold down the desired button(1) and point your garage door opener at the rear view mirror and hold untill the light flashes. This took almost 30 seconds for mine to learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts