Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Predator..

The fallout: How the Harvey Weinstein scandal exposed sexual harassment as Hollywood's dirty secret

Dana Brunetti has produced a number of big films over the years: “Captain Phillips,” “The Social Network,” “Fifty Shades of Grey.” But he’s never liked to tell people that he’s a movie producer.
He knows the image it can instantly conjure in their heads.

“I hate telling people I’m a producer because of the stereotype,” Brunetti said. “Because of the ick factor of hitting on girls and ‘I can get you a role in a movie.’ ”
And that was before the Harvey Weinstein scandal broke.

Now, with allegations of decades of sexual harassment and assault against the once-powerful film mogul erupting into public view on a near-hourly basis, Hollywood is finally assessing the level of truth behind the stereotype. Far from a dated anomaly, many in the industry now say, Weinstein is just one example of a wider and still current problem that the industry has ignored – or deliberately swept under the rug – for far too long.

“There’s a lot of abuse in this town,” said producer and director Judd Apatow. “Young actresses are mistreated in all sorts of ways by powerful men who can dangle jobs or access to exciting parts of show business. I think a lot of people are mistreated and they don’t realize how badly they’re being mistreated.”
Harvey Weinstein accused of raping 3 women in New Yorker exposé

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvey-weinstein-accused-of-raping-women-new-yorker/

And then FOX News steps up with the usual garbage.

Harvey Weinstein scandal - Bravery (and introspection) is what Hollywood needs now

It's true, strength comes in numbers. But it's arguable that the "strength" they exhibit now as a crowd was nonexistent when they were on their own, clawing their way up the ladder of celebrity status, suppressing their integrity to excuse the inexcusable.

To these ladies, let me say this as clearly as I can: You are complicit. Your silence over the last three decades enabled and propagated a culture in Hollywood that breeds men like Harvey Weinstein. You are not brave. You are stepping on the spoke of a wheel to elevate yourself, again clawing your way up, this time onto the bandwagon.
Harvey Weinstein scandal - Bravery (and introspection) is what Hollywood needs now | Fox News

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
16,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "Casting Couch" has been around since the silent movie days, so what's new?
The same thing can be said about racism but one would hope that well into the 21st century both racism and sexual predatory behavior are both openly condemned as totally unacceptible and in most cases criminal. It seems there is still some way to go when it takes this long for a predator like Weinstein to be outed and a similar grotesque character gets voted in as POTUS.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
It's certainly not limited to the film industry.

Just ask any woman who's been stuck in the same room with Joe Jackson. (yeah, The Jacksons' daddy.)

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
If you copy the direct link to the tweet itself, you can paste it here and the forum software does the rest.

I can see why there was so much general consternation about posting tweets if the assumption was that it took that much trouble. :D

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Just so I understand.....

Bill Cosby bad
Bill Clinton bad
Bill O'Reilly good
Harvey Weinstein bad
Donald Trump good

So Weinstein's only real mistake was not running for POTUS.

Anyone trashing Weinstein who voted for Trump should be arrested, tried, and sentenced for capital hypocrisy.

·
Registered
61,958 Posts
This is Katie Johnson, who alleges Trump raped her at 13. He said she looked like Ivanka, also 13...

In this video, Katie Johnson aka "Jane Doe" alleges that Donald J. Trump, the 2016 Republican Presidential nominee, bound her, beat her, raped her, robbed her virginity and threatened her with murder, in Manhattan, during the summer of 1994, when she Katie was 13-years-old.

According to federal/criminal claims to U.S. Courts, NYPD and DANY (visible at TrumpingWomen.org and JusticeforKatie.org) plus this video testimony, Donald J. Trump was aided and abetted in the alleged crimes by now-convicted sex offender Jeffrey E. Epstein, at whose New York City home, the "Wexner Mansion" on 9 East 71st Street, the sexual assaults against Katie, "Jane Doe," "Maria Doe" and possibly other minors as young as young as 12, allegedly occurred.

Lisa Bloom, attorney for the Cosby victims and for Jill Harth -- another woman who claims Trump sexually assaulted her -- writes compellingly in The Huffington Post "Why The New Child Rape Case Filed Against Donald Trump Should Not Be Ignored" (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/why-the-new-child-rape-ca_b_10619944.html).

Bloom notes that Katie Johnson's federal lawsuit includes something most rape claims do not: An alleged eyewitness, here code-named "Tiffany Doe," who attests that she procured Katie and other underage girls for sexual activity with Epstein and Epstein's guests, of whom Trump was one.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/176181706[/ame]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
Just so I understand.....

Bill Cosby bad
Bill Clinton bad
Bill O'Reilly good
Harvey Weinstein bad
Donald Trump good

So Weinstein's only real mistake was not running for POTUS.

Anyone trashing Weinstein who voted for Trump should be arrested, tried, and sentenced for capital hypocrisy.
Just . . . wow. There's a 10,000 pound elephant charging around the room. Can you guess his name?

*Ding*! Time's up. It's Bill Clinton! The Godfather of sexual predators.

Everyone on the left circled the wagons around him while he (actively aided by his co-enabling wife) trashed his victims and accused his critics of invading his private sexual life.

Even the feminists came to his defense. It was seriously stated that every woman in America must be so grateful to Bill for keeping abortion legal that they should consider it an honor to be on their knees in the same place as Monica.

Now, these same people are acting all outraged at the same behavior they once gave a pass to.

Hypocrites. Fuck them all. Right in the ear.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts