Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running Michelin XZL's? And with a stock G500 which size will fit?

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
Oh man - tire sizes again!

Don't know whether Michelin has them in 18".
In 16" your options are better - but again, I don't know what sizes the XZL is offered in.
Get the BFG AT - it is the better tire anyway (owned by Michelin if that concerns you).

Harald

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like the tall skinny aspect of the xzl's. I will look into the AT's as well

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
I agree with Harald. BFG All Terrains. I think they are fantastic tires. I run them on a couple of vehicles for off road or on road use. They wear well, can handle loads with ease and can be safely deflated to very low pressures for traction. A Michelin product!

-Dai

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Dai - 4/8/2005 1:48 AM

I agree with Harald. BFG All Terrains. I think they are fantastic tires. I run them on a couple of vehicles for off road or on road use. They wear well, can handle loads with ease and can be safely deflated to very low pressures for traction. A Michelin product!

-Dai
And what does a person do if they don't buy French products?

·
BenzWorld G Class Host
2002 800RMK
1,518 Posts
DUTCH - 4/8/2005 4:59 AM

Dai - 4/8/2005 1:48 AM

-Dai
And what does a person do if they don't buy French products?
I have Goodyears on my G's[:)] But I do REALLY like the BFG AT. It is rated for winter use which makes it the best all purpose tire I have found.

The Michelins on my Porsche were made in Italy, but the parent company is French....or should we be more concerned about the stockholders and where they live? Probably a lot of US money in that company as well. I do share your feelings about the French though[:(!]

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
One set of my BFG AT's is made in the USA. The other set is made in Japan. They have reinforced sidewalls and a proven tread design that works as a snow tire. They hold up under the torque of a Cummins diesel where other brands behave like an eraser. They work for me.

-Dai

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
...humm....

I've been waffling on tires for a long time now, and based on a couple annoying details, for better or worse i'll be running 275/70r16 BFG A/T KO's... which are inbetween 265/70r16 and 265/75r16 in diameter which makes them about in between a 31" and 32" tire.

(Shame, Shame... aren't the forum hosts supposed to be the ones making sure people keep their "Liberty" fries at home?) Speaking of home, Dutch is your son safe at home yet? (hopefully)

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
RE: ...humm....

ewalberg - 4/8/2005 3:46 PM
Speaking of home, Dutch is your son safe at home yet? (hopefully)
Not until November. Thanks for asking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts