Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a recall or other free work regaring a Harmonic Balancer in the 4.3 ?
I brought my car in for a quick oil change and it was mentioned there is a "campaign" on the Harmonic Balancer. I was a little nervous. As far as I understand it would not cost me anything, but I jsut wanted to see if anyone else knew about this. Seems like and awful lot of work etc, but then again, if it were free it would lengthen the engine's life ( seals etc )

thanks,
jim

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
wujian - 5/12/2005 3:06 PM

Has anyone heard of a recall or other free work regaring a Harmonic Balancer in the 4.3 ?
I brought my car in for a quick oil change and it was mentioned there is a "campaign" on the Harmonic Balancer. I was a little nervous. As far as I understand it would not cost me anything, but I jsut wanted to see if anyone else knew about this. Seems like and awful lot of work etc, but then again, if it were free it would lengthen the engine's life ( seals etc )

thanks,
jim
Yes, there is a recall and it won't cost you anything but your time. They'll bring it, read your vin and inspect the peice. If it's part of the recall, they'll replace it for free. I had mine done last week. Took them 1/2 a day.

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
Just basically being redundant here since we took it to the same dealership but it wasn't a big deal. Half a day and no money out of my pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts