Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone is interested...Keep an eye on your Harmonic balancer seal!! While DRIVING my E320 the Harmonic balancer seal CAME OFF and broke in pieces! It was rubbing on the timing cover and there were metal shavings laying around in the front of the car.. (I had just had the oil changed 2 days before and no one noticed the seal). After contacting the Mercedes dealer they came and had my car towed to their dealership in another town, and said they would repair it,with out charge but that it isn't under a "recall" yet, only a "commitment". They were very helpful, they even gave me a loaner car... but what I didn't know is that because of the seal breaking I had a hole in my oil pan, and MERCEDES WILL NOT pay for that repair because it is considered an incidental of the circumstance.. (sounds like a cause to me) and now it's ONLY going to be $2,000.00 to fix the pan... Hopefully it will be a recall soon so that I can get reimbursed... but in the meantime have your seals checked!!

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
What year is your E320?

This is a very common problem in the ML and CLK, among other models.

Even with recall (ML has one), MB will not reimburse you for those repairs. My buddy just went through this fiasco with his ML, and he's out $1500 and swear would never buy another MB. Dealer didn't even give him a loaner car. :(

What's worse is this problem has existed since the first year of ML, and MB still has not fixed it in the 2005 models. They know the problem or else there wouldn't be a recall on it.

I would be suprised if there isn't a class action lawsuit on this by now. That's like saying if the brake failed and car crashed killing the driver, MB will only replace the brakes.

SHAME ON YOU MB!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts