Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As what Azinn said Please read. The campaign is not a recall. They will only inspect AND IF NEED replace the harmonic balancer.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
That is EXACTLY what my SA told me originally but

sage3 - 4/19/2005 4:08 PM

As what Azinn said Please read. The campaign is not a recall. They will only inspect AND IF NEED replace the harmonic balancer.
I thought he was BS'ing me just to make me feel better about them doing a free service for me.

If left at dealer discretion then I think there is room to get it done even if it ain't broken.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
I called a local stealer, they said unless I have a letter they cannot give me any info even if I have my vin ready to give them. So they tell me to call MBUSA.

I call MB I say i have a ML55 and CLK55, he says no ML's are affected at all? I asked him 2 more times, same response. Ok then this is weird. I then ask him, how come guys online in benz forums are getting their ML's taken care of. MB rep asks if I got a letter, I say no, they say well you will get one eventually if yours is in the campaign and to just wait for it, Bye.

Thanks for the great informative service MB....

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,482 Posts
Here's a link that explains it. The part number is important in all this, but

I believe all MLs are involved. I asked my SA just this afternoon and he confirmed that it was not just a ckeck and replace. If you have the letter you'll have it replaced. Click <a href="http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=119790">here</a> for the link.

·
Registered
2009 ML550
866 Posts
My stealer said..

that while in for a recent service they checked some number on the HB of something and that mine was not affected in the recall...I did not get a letter...

S

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
sage3 - 4/19/2005 2:08 PM

Did you read the previous thread? http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1206075&mid=1454697&fid=29#M1454697

If you have one of the two affected part numbers it is considered "needed", and they will replace it. No apparent damage is required. I called my SA after confriming my part number and have an appointment for this Friday--no letter needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts