Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Jeff, good luck with the sale! I hope it goes to a good home.

Sad to see you go, hopefully you pop by every now and again, to say hi and to get some inspiration for your next project (or extra sadness to have let this one go, LOL).

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
The final chapter was finished yesterday as the car was picked up by the shipping company. The car is going to an enthusiast owner in Jamestown NY.
I appreciate everyone's comments on the auction, especially @slownrusty I think the final number was fair and both the buyer and myself are happy.
Owning the car was certainly and experience and an education. I want to thank everyone that helped me along the way and the fellow owners I got to meet in person. I will log on occasionally and contribute where I can. Wish all of you the best with your cars and projects. If you have any questions about my experience with BAT or the process, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
this thread should be a sticky

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
It's a great reference thread for a lot of detailed diy the owner performed on his car himself.

And I've always wanted to say that

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Quite sad after that well documented journey you experienced and learn't a lot along the way and got to the end result with a nice looking and well running coupe you did not get to enjoy the end game and keep her.
Paint work repair is an easy DIY challenge as far as i am concerned and gauging by your expert work on the coupe i believe you would have easily adapted to fixing those issues at low cost.
Oh well its gone now and thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiasm and can do attitude and well put together thread and hope you return one day with another project

I have owned my white coupe for over 10yrs now and i still can't get enough of her and after a working week driving in a modern work car (Hi-Lux dual cab 4x4 turbo diesel) i am "always" itching to jump into the coupe for a spin on the weekend (except if its a rainy day as my none of my W126's have ever seen rain since i have owned them)
I will busting my balls to ensure i get my black 560 coupe re-licensed and back on the road this year after owning that for 7yrs

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It was sad to see a sound low mileage coupe with such devoted mechanical attention and in a really good color go for little more than half its potential value. But, the dash repair was the fly in the ointment IMO. The headliner should have been fixed, small body issues, and those heinous wheels discarded, but in the end, without a solution to the dash cracks it would not have brought its full potential.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts