Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'97 SL 500, 80K miles
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the Hardtop for the dry season in Vancouver and when I tried to operate it there are no sounds and no actions when I pull back on the red button but it does Flash. When I push forward after trying that I can hear the rear cylinders operating and the button does not flash. I have checked the fluid level in the reservoir and it is up to the mark. I am leary of using the hand tool to unlock the fronts (and backs) as I will need to be able to operate the soft top and until I am sure it will work I don't want to rely upon it.

Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1999 SL500 Sport, Black Opal Pearl, Helios Leather, Pano roof, AMG Aero2 18"Split Rims, Rear Seats
1,231 Posts
When you pull the switch do the Windows go down? Check the fuse in the boot/trunk, maybe a bad connection

·
Registered
'97 SL 500, 80K miles
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windows do not operate but the fuses all appear to be good. When I first tried to remove the top I started with the windows down so did not notice the failure to cycle.

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
Can you raise & lower the widows with the WINDOW control buttons on the console?

Bob

·
Registered
'97 SL 500, 80K miles
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have read the forum better

Following the comments about the Windows - I tried to reset the windows as part of the process on the assumption that they were not re-set when the mechanic worked on it recently. It worked and now the top works and I have a convertible again.

Life is good (again)

·
Registered
1987 560SL Gone but not forgotten! & 1999 SL500 For Now
745 Posts
Well done, congrats! Now enjoy your ride-

Bob

·
Registered
Sl500 1997
215 Posts
All problems at Hardtop is from position sensors
They get dirty and doesnt operate correctly
One is some time we must clear and spray them
I had that problem and Star Diagnosis didnt read the problem.
I reprogramed roll bar,Cleaned door keys and htop sensors and now
It works like a dream :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts