Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share that I finally got the hard top off the SL. Had the same problem a lot of members have with the back latch :( . Got it unlatched after a few hard tries, and went ahead and adjusted the cable (had become loose) from the handle side with some pliers and some hard work. At one point I had it too tight and the top would not propery seal from the back :mad: just kept poping out :( . Eventually did adjusted and I've attached a couple of pics. :D

Monday Im taking her in for the Flex discs & shocks replacement. :eek:

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey rowdie, yes, soft top is 85 -90%. Its got a small puncture in the drivers side plastic window and PO tried to seal it with silicone which only made a glob with a tear in the middle. Have taken most of the silicone off and trying to figure out how to seal the 2" tear.

The other side is beging to show a tear near the bottom area. The back pannel is in pretty good shape - good visibility, not cloudy and no punctures or cracks.

The color of the soft top is black, btw. Haven't taken a picture of that yet.... hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
Hey rowdie, yes, soft top is 85 -90%. Its got a small puncture in the drivers side plastic window and PO tried to seal it with silicone which only made a glob with a tear in the middle. Have taken most of the silicone off and trying to figure out how to seal the 2" tear.

The other side is beging to show a tear near the bottom area. The back pannel is in pretty good shape - good visibility, not cloudy and no punctures or cracks.

The color of the soft top is black, btw. Haven't taken a picture of that yet.... hmmmm....
Those small hole damages are common, after a while these pressure points just get stiff and crack.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,177 Posts
Nice, I didn't realize you had a black interior. Nice color combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts