Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
SLK230 + C230
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 slk230 and the top is not working. the switch to the top used to light up and flash but just the other day that stopped and now it does nothing. ive checked all the fuses and all the connections that i can see to the pump in the trunk and everything seems to be fine but the top still wont do anything. any ideas as to how to fix this or troubleshoot at least???

·
Registered
SLK230 + C230
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I check the voltage supply at 15?

And what is the Multi function control module? is that the actual hydraulic cylinder in the trunk?

I really dont know anything about this type of problem.

·
Registered
SLK230 + C230
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday I spent all day refilling my hydraulic fluid for my top and found out my PSE pump was not working because a fuse was blown. My top wouldnt work at all. Today I was wondering why my top button wasnt doing anything, it wasnt lighting up or even trying to work. I remembered that I took out my windshield wiper fuse because my windshield wipers were staying on. Well today I decided to put it back in, its a 30 AMP fuse up under the hood. The windshield wipers were still staying on but the light for the top started magically working, but whenever I did that it blew the fuse again for my PSE Pump that I just replaced last night. I was just wondering what could cause this to happen, is the 30 AMP fuse the wrong fuse or something? I'm lost as to why this would continue to happen.

The fuse in the trunk is a 20 AMP

·
Registered
2003 SL500 USA model, Auto Transmission, Stock, Aegean Blue Metallic
1,417 Posts
Is the PSE pump wet? If so, there may be corrosion on the circuit board and/or electrical connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts