Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1980 300D
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone shed some light on where to find interior trim (door panels, pillar trim, knee bolster trim under dash.

Also looking for wiring harnesses.

Have decided to restore my 1980 300D as much as I possibly can but can't seem to locate the above items. Have found just about everything else I need.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
There are 3 main sources for these:

1. Parted out cars
2. Junkyard
3. Used parts sellers (Mercedes Source dot com has them usually)

* Just be wary of their (MS) prices

Goodluck!

·
Registered
1980 240D
64 Posts
300D,

What colour interior do you need? I bought a parts car last weekend, and may be able to help you out with some of the interior parts that I don't need, like the door panels.

I live just across the river from you, just outside of Sarnia. I know how much harder it is to find used items up here where it snows and they love to use the salt :)

Just lemme know,
Erin

·
Registered
1980 300D
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Erin,

I appreciate the offer. I was more looking to totally change the color of the interior (if I decided to totally restore it that is). A decision that will be made over time I suppose.

I bought the car just a few weeks ago and the interior was totally shot, the guy I bought it from had a parts car that he said I could take anything I wanted. I took everything I possibly could, but the more I get into working on her, the more I want to do. Although the interior I "stole" is in fairly decent condition, I'm not real keen on the brown.

So, to make a long story just a little longer, I was thinking of painting the car a dark grey and changing the interior to black with red seats.

Just a pipe dream at this point, but wanted to get an idea of where to go for parts.

Nice to know there is another 123 owner in the area.

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
dont change the interior!

part of the charm of these old cars is that you can have a brown interior! a blue interior, a green or red one.

this is my biggest beef with newer models, you can have any color interior you want so long as it is tan or off-black...

changing the complete interior might be costly as well, those little bits and pieces cost more than a song.

by comparison, my vw cost 1200 dollars for an interior. that is without all the extra "bling" of the mercedes logo on things! people that are parting or selling or working on these cars for you sometimes make the parts cost a premium just because of that star. sometimes i can see it, but a korean aftermarket electrical part should be priced accordingly and not like a german replacement!

all in all, if you want to change it, i encourage it. i just like the crazy off-color interiors. i would trade my white/blue 240D for a white or green one with the pea green interior in a second! let alone the metallic doodoo-brown exteror/doodoo-brown interior... maybe you could combine them mmmmm pea green *WITH* doodoo brown interior!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts