Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My car is nearly finished (280ce), although it still has one problem and no matter what is being done its not getting fixed which is frustrating at the least.
The problem has been that once the car has started, it will not start again unless the accelerator is to the floor. The mechanic is saying it is because the original injectors (cast iron), may have rusted up and allow fuel to flood the engine. Therefore more air is needed to start it. we are replacing all the injectors with brass ones, although he said he doesnt know if this will fix the problem but feels it should be done.
Im just looking for opinions because if this doesnt work, we have done everything from a mechanical point of view.
p.s. dont quote me on what the mechanic said, it is based on memory.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you checked the mass air flow sensor? If it has it? Might be a fuel/air issue, or a throttle issue. Like it may not be staying open enough for it to stay or run idle. Just a thought. He may say that injectors need replaced, because he sees $$$ look small, cheap options to try first. No need to shell out mass cash if it's something simple you know?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once it starts it's fine, will run untill fuel runs out. It's just that initial period of starting.
The mechanic is good he tried everything he knew working from smallest to largest to fix problem. I just wanted to double check here because he can't know everything.
Thanks you though:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it was the injectors, it would run like crap all the time, not just on start up I would think.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts