Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
190e 2L, auto 38,000 miles 1989, been in storage for 2 years,, been out of storage and used for the past month, was thoroughly checked over before putting back on the road, lovely drive .....until bout a week ago, hard to start..engine turns over but will not catch (when cold) until (at worst) third attempt, (then about 3 secs cranking after that if still warm) Before a garage trip I wouldnt mind putting it through some tests or minor checking to tell what it could be, anyone help?

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull your OVP(Over Load Protection Relay)and <br> clean the conneting prong w/pencil eraser and <br> check if the fuse is not burnt.Spray contact<br> cleaner on the socket.Although theres a lot<br> to check,start on that sucker first.BTW,Clean<br> all fuse connection.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Manny,<br> I’ll try that, I have not had the car for long and have ordered but not yet received my haynes manual, would you be so kind as to tell me where <br> the OVP is, or point me to a wesite that might .<br> thanks

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Manny<br> on mine which is a 1989 model there is black connector in front of the battery which has a prong when disconnected, would that be it?, no fuse though. However I found that the distributor cap had a fair amount of build up in it and the arm was filthy and a bit worn, startup seems to be better now I have cleaned with emery but i’ll change those two soon.<br> Trying to get the plug leads off but they wont budge is there a trick to this or are they naturally very tight, special tool needed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.