Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R129 SL500 (98,97,95,92), W124 (E500&320 93Cabriolet)R107,Toyota Landcruiser2010, Nissan Murano2015,
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know how to adjust the soft/hard lock in the front, I just notice mine has a small different when the hard-top is on it and when I close the passenger widow it goes inside the car.:confused:
Any suggestion???

·
Registered
287 Posts
ogn said:
Hi,
Does anyone know how to adjust the soft/hard lock in the front, I just notice mine has a small different when the hard-top is on it and when I close the passenger widow it goes inside the car.:confused:
Any suggestion???

Any help on that

I have Same problem

·
Registered
R129 SL500 (98,97,95,92), W124 (E500&320 93Cabriolet)R107,Toyota Landcruiser2010, Nissan Murano2015,
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Just Check in ALL DATA DIY and it's mention that we need to adjust it from the lock it self, by the removing the top and loosing the lock screws fixing back the top and according to the new position of the lock we need to tight it again.
Am going give a trial and I will post the process some times later today or tomorrow if I succeed. Wish me luck…:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Black SL 500 1994
1,026 Posts
ogn - I must have misunderstood your issue if the ALLDATA says to adjust the lock. Because my first thought was that you should adjust the window towards the outside of the car so it wouldn't close inside the car anymore.

Could you please take some photos and post here to make it clear what exactly your issue is?
Thanks

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Hi people, I did a search in the forum but I didn't find anything relevant. My problem actually is that the rear parto of the soft top seems not locking as tight as I think it should since it tends to be a little noisy so I would be very grateful if someone could point me to how to adjust the rear latches possibly with pictures since my mechanical skill is below zero :eek: .

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Adjusting Soft top & Hard top (Front & Back)

Okay Guys below you will find the instruction as per All Data Diy for the Hard-top & Soft-top:

Adjustment of gap between coupe roof and windshield trim strip:

1- Check gap a: 5-6 mm with special tool 129 589 03 21 00.
Front Lock.gif
Note:
The gap should not be less than 5 mm , because otherwise the closing forces for the catches at the front would be too high. If the locking and release operations are negatively effected by too high closing forces, spacers can be installed below the locking pins. A rain test must then be performed. If a replacement coupe roof is installed, the following work must be performed after adjustment.
Rubber Hammer.gif
2- Unlock coupe roof, lift at front and support (e.g. with rubber hammer).
3- Mark position of looking pins with felt tip pen.
Front Lock.gif
4- Loosen screws and adjust gap by moving locking pin toward rear (to decrease gap) or toward front (to increase gap).
Adjusting the Hard-top.gif
5- Adjust locking pins by moving parallel to side so that there is no gap between the covering on the front pillars and coupe roof at left and right sides.
6- Tighten screws.
7- Lock coupe roof with top switch.

Note: Check opening and locking operations several times.

- Adjustment of locking pins on cloth holding brace on left and right:
1- Look top at front, cloth holding brace open (ingnition Off).
2- Pivot cloth holding brace downward by hand (area of bottom center of window) and check that locking pins run properly into locking receptacle.
back soft lock.gif
3- Mark position of locking pins with felt tip pen.
82213428.gif
4- Loosen screws and adjust locking pins so that they run properly into locking receptacle at rear (without hitting).
5- Tighten screws.
Note: If the adjustment path is insufficient the cloth holding brace can be moved to the side.
The above instruction can be applied for both Soft & Hard Top.

Hope this will be usefull for the Forum, I will give it a try by tommorrw will keep you updated, if any one else will try this solution please post your feed back.

OGN
Regards.

Attachments

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lynns said:

Lynns:
This is nothing compare to what i'm getting from the forum, I'm Just sharing what i have learn from different places & people outside the forum, simply it's my pay back......!:thumbsup:
ahhh: Soon i will add how to diagnose electric leakage in the car if the if it's difficult for the scanner to find the leakage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts