Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder if it´s normal that my new 2008 mod has this hard gearshifts. It happens in every gear and it´s gone after 2-3 gearshifts.
Feels like the transmission is slipping just before shifting from 1. to 2. to 3. etc. Then it´s like slamming into gear. Have to take it easy first 500m or so. Then everything is normal again and no trouble after that.
Happens again when the car has been parked over night.

Try to explain it to my dealer and they claim it´s normal. They have not tried the car since it has to be left over night.

Do i have to live with it?

Br
JI

·
Registered
C55 ///AMG
559 Posts
i wonder if it´s normal that my new 2008 mod has this hard gearshifts. It happens in every gear and it´s gone after 2-3 gearshifts.
Feels like the transmission is slipping just before shifting from 1. to 2. to 3. etc. Then it´s like slamming into gear. Have to take it easy first 500m or so. Then everything is normal again and no trouble after that.

Try to explain it to my dealer and they claim it´s normal. They have not tried the car since it has to be left over night.

Br
JI

You should find that over the next little bit of driving, the transmission should smoothen out. How many miles do you have on the vehicle now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should find that over the next little bit of driving, the transmission should smoothen out. How many miles do you have on the vehicle now?
Aprox 3000 miles or 5000 km. Still no changes from it was new. In fact, maybe a little bit harder.

·
Registered
2007 Alpine Rain/Ash ML320 CDI
300 Posts
Go back to your sales rep and test drive another ML and see if it does the same thing. If not maybe the rep can help "explain it" to the service department. I would bet that even though the sale is completed they will want to keep you happy. If not trade it on a Lexus, then go back and revisit the sales rep...

·
Registered
117 Posts

Br
JI
I also get that slamming in to gear feeling only when Iam stoped and then try to apply little pressure to the pedal to park in my small garage then suddenly while is on gear, it disengages for a second,like I touched the wall or something

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have no experiences like this with my ML320. It is smooth shifting whether cold or warm. Took delivery in April. Have 6500 miles now. No difference between new and now. If it were mine, I'd leave it at the dealer overnight and be with them in the car when they test it the next morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts