Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my w123, 1984 300D TURBO with 279,000 miles:

Funny thing happened the other day. drove the car 60 miles then shut it ff for about 2 days. started it up and drove back the same 60 miles,...no problems what so ever. i get into town and go to apply the brakes before a stop sign and i get a real hard pedal and it takes forever to stop the car. i proceed to park the car on the street and put it in gear. i turn the key to shut it of and nothing. it keeps running. it has been 2 years since i had vacuum issues. i lift the hood and hit the STOP button. i start the car up and drive it slowly around the neighborhood and keep applying the brakes...still does it. then on like the 5th try, the brakes kick in. that was 3 weeks ago and the problem never resurfaced. Now i have 4 new pads, rotors and calipers, new brake line, new vacuum hoses and connectors. checked the fluid and thats fine.

only thing that i have noticed is that when the temp on the climate control is set to minimum, it still seems hot for a long while. (i also have a rebuilt control panel, receiver drier and temp sensor). the ac was switched to r1341 with all the new fittings. the only thing left is a new compressor as mine i gues leaks (420.00). when i switch the ac, i do not hear the compressor kick in. the mechanic may have diisabled it until i had it done is my guess. so that i would not have done damage. so what do you think? anything tied together? seems odd. this car is like "christine" in the fact its alive. when i contemplate a newer one, she acts like a brand new car..not wanting to piss me off. its weird.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts