Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1977 450sl sprung a leak in a hard line while sitting in the garage. Looking to replace as many as I can. Most cost effective way would be to get tubing, and bend and flare them all myself. Not worried about doing this, but want to get the right size tubing, and connectors. Anyone know off hand what sizes I need?
I have tried the “search” function, but I’m working through Tapatalk, and I don’t really think their system can communicate with the Forum’s very well. Any and all help is always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it’s been a while, but thank you for the info. I got the tubing, Ni-cop, and fittings.
Just finishing my Kitchen re model, and hopefully starting the lines next week. I’ll let you all know how it works out.
Oh, I have a harbor freight flaring set, and bender, so I’ll add a review of that in the appropriate thread when I’m done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, my lines are run. 10 flares and 1 leak, so I’m happy for a first timer. They aren’t pretty, or perfect but they work. If I were to do this again, and I think I will for the fuel lines I would get a better flaring tool. This one did what was asked of it, but was awkward and unwieldy at times, mostly while trying to flare in place under the car.
Thanks for always being there, forum members. While I haven’t even driven the car yet, it has already been a great pleasure. Much of that is due to you all for your knowledge, experience, and willingness to share that.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
kchuckfif
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing