Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, today i went to harbor freight. I bought a vacuum pump/brake bleeder. (Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit)

I have not tried it on my car yet but it seems very well made and holds vacuum perfectly. It is very smooth to operate and is small to get into tight areas. It came with a nice amount of adapters for various things. it came with a tee fitting so you can check vacuum as things are running. Right now it is on sale for i think 24.99 and with a 20% off coupon you can find online it brings it down to 19.99. It looks identical to the one kent bergsma sells on mercedessource but without the 62.50 price. Now granted you dont get some of the adapters and filters kent includes but for 19.99 it cant be beat. I will report back after i have tested it out on my car. When i got to the store there were two different models of this vacuum pump. One was by pittsburgh and the other was by us general. The us general one has the guage pod mounted sideways and the pittsburgh one had the guage pod mounted backwards. They both come with the same adapters but i got the pittsburgh one because it was the one i read about online and it came with clear tubing instead of the us generals black tubing. If you look at the one with the clear tubing look at the tubing color and see if its yellowed or if its clear. I assume the yellowed ones mean they have been sitting around for a while while the one with the really clear hose has just been made. Phew.:)

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i just got done testing out the new vacuum pump. It works great. I tested my vacuum reservoir and my door locks and some other thing. So far i would recommend this product if you need a vacuum tester for your car. Plus you can bleed brakes by yourself.:)

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
This is a recommended tool for diagnosing the vacuum system and troubleshooting via systematic trial and error. The diagrams help guide the user while the tool allows one to determine vacuum system integrity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts