Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,635 Posts
You actually want to celebrate the wholesale approval and destruction of the American Indian? That is what this holiday is about, you celebrate the disease, manipulation, and outright slavery of a group of humans another group essentially eradicated. You callous Anglo blood sucking pirates!

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
You actually want to celebrate the wholesale approval and destruction of the American Indian? That is what this holiday is about, you celebrate the disease, manipulation, and outright slavery of a group of humans another group essentially eradicated. You callous Anglo blood sucking pirates!
Counting Coup, Devil?

...The Cadillac Indian tribe* of North America also used a form of counting coup. Warriors won prestige by acts of bravery in the face of the enemy, and these acts could be recorded in various ways and retold as stories. Any blow struck against the enemy counted as a coup, but the most prestigious acts included touching an enemy warrior with the hand, bow, or with a coup stick then escaping unharmed.[1] Touching the first enemy to die in battle or touching the enemy's defensive works also counted as coup.[1] Counting coup could also involve stealing an enemy's weapons or horses tied up to his lodge in camp.[1] Risk of injury or death was required to count coup.
*There was no Cadillac Indian tribe.

·
66,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got this email
Dear Andrew,

Thanksgiving is a day to reflect on all the blessings that have been bestowed upon our lives. How—despite the challenges we may face—we can share a day with friends and family to just be thankful.

On this day, I am thankful for many things in my life. I'm thankful for my wonderful wife Terry, our devoted staff at FreedomWorks, and the support of millions of citizens like you.

Your devotion to the cause of liberty is a constant and comforting source of inspiration for us.

In the next year we will all have our difficult moments. But whether it's Super Committees failing to cut spending or President Obama trying to raise taxes—just remember—there are millions like you across this country prepared to do something about it.

We will take this country back in 2012. And that's reason enough to be thankful on this day.

In Liberty,

Matt Kibbe
President and CEO, FreedomWorks
Thanksgiving mudslinging!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

Most school children are taught that the first Thanksgiving was held in 1621 with the Pilgrims and Indians. There is little evidence that this feast of thanks led directly to our modern Thanksgiving Day holiday. Thanksgiving CAN, however, be traced back to 1863 when Pres. Lincoln became the first president to proclaim Thanksgiving Day. :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
For those who Serve, I appreciate the sacrifices you make today and every day. God bless you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts