Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87' 190E 16V / 93' 600SL / 02' G500
1,199 Posts
My 600 looks the same as yours at the moment... Already had our festivity's but hey hope you have a good thanksgiving.

·
Registered
E350 Sport
1,454 Posts
i saw where you got clobbered a few days ago. it's even unseasonably cold in phx, in the 60's.

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
Augh! haha Great pic! Wishes back to ya! I am so full LOL

So much for me snow birding it to AZ right now Bearone LOL. Every year that sounds more appealing.

·
Registered
1991 500SL V8 NEOKEN modified T/B. 2000 F350 4x4 V10. 1995 SL500
201 Posts
Thanks and I hope ya have a great time getting you belly full too.

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
Folks in England are having a blizzardgiving ,, Even London is expecting 2 inches ,,
Hi Joe,
I'm 20 miles North of London at the moment, it's a nice sunny day but minus 5 Deg C last night. Snow coming in from Scandanavia tomorrow :(.

Our Canadian friends seem to cope with 2 metres of snow no problem, we seem to grind to a halt with 2 cms. :eek:. Mind you I bought my SL500 in deep snow last January which made for an interesting test drive!

Great Thanksgiving pictures from Washington State and Thailand by the way. Thanks Guys (and Gals). This is one of the things I love about Benzworld - truly a global community - why can't the rest of the world get on as well as we do?
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
05 C215 CL 500, 96 SL 500 PANO,96 W124 220CE,03 Smart 450 Cabrio, 96 W124 220CE, 07 Ford Transit!
431 Posts
Hi Joe,
I'm 20 miles North of London at the moment, it's a nice sunny day but minus 5 Deg C last night. Snow coming in from Scandanavia tomorrow :(.

Our Canadian friends seem to cope with 2 metres of snow no problem, we seem to grind to a halt with 2 cms. :eek:. Mind you I bought my SL500 in deep snow last January which made for an interesting test drive!

Great Thanksgiving pictures from Washington State and Thailand by the way. Thanks Guys (and Gals). This is one of the things I love about Benzworld - truly a global community - why can't the rest of the world get on as well as we do?
Regards
Steve

Well The Irish Benzworlders are about to invade Canada! It's war! A single frosty day brings us to our knees! With the IMF here now it's all bleak, I've already seen my salary fall by €1500 monthly since last year and with our new budget on dec 7 tax is to rise, petrol to rise, etc. Anyone got a nice wary shed i could come live in?

·
Registered
99 SL500 Pano ADS II
333 Posts
Well Tommyboy in 97 when we had Asian crisis ,, IMF came in also,, what was unusual was that people,,Koreans ,,we brought out all the silverware,, gold jewelry and gave to the government ,, it helped a lot , we paid back IMF by year 2000.. with hard work, purse tightening and good civic minded sacrifice. I remember the times, when 30 year old Lehman Bros kids in New York city used to laugh at Korean minister of finance for trying to borrow lousy 120 million dollars. Where did Lehman go? They should have invested in Korea.
Baron Rothschild used to say,, buy when Paris is burning ,, many be time to buy Ireland? Hang in there bud ,,

·
Registered
1997 SL500, 1948 Rover 75 P3, 1984 Citroen 2CV, 1953 BSA Bantam D1, 1966 Velosolex Moped
1,141 Posts
Well The Irish Benzworlders are about to invade Canada! It's war! A single frosty day brings us to our knees! With the IMF here now it's all bleak, I've already seen my salary fall by €1500 monthly since last year and with our new budget on dec 7 tax is to rise, petrol to rise, etc. Anyone got a nice wary shed i could come live in?
Hi Thomas,
If I remember correctly, I think you said there were 3 Benzworlders in Ireland. It's not going to be a particularly impressive invasion of Canada is it? I think you should re-think, take a leaf out of the Koreans book, and give your Pano to the Irish Government to prop up the Euro. They could then sell it outside of the Euro zone, let's say to a needy soul in Lebanon or Tasmania, just plucking two countries out of the air at random. It's the right thing to do. You know it is......
Regards
Steve

·
Registered
05 C215 CL 500, 96 SL 500 PANO,96 W124 220CE,03 Smart 450 Cabrio, 96 W124 220CE, 07 Ford Transit!
431 Posts
Hi Thomas,
If I remember correctly, I think you said there were 3 Benzworlders in Ireland. It's not going to be a particularly impressive invasion of Canada is it? I think you should re-think, take a leaf out of the Koreans book, and give your Pano to the Irish Government to prop up the Euro. They could then sell it outside of the Euro zone, let's say to a needy soul in Lebanon or Tasmania, just plucking two countries out of the air at random. It's the right thing to do. You know it is......
Regards
Steve

Once again it will be prised from my cold dead hands!!! Bad enough Redliner is encouraging me to but a bootlid with a 3rd brake light. God it feels good to call a boot a boot, bonnet, wing, petrol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts