Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, and have "searched" for an answer before asking. We just bought a 2002 ML 320 and have looked over the owners manual, and have noticed something about radio devices that have an antenna must use a hard wired antenna that is hooked up to the outside of the car. I may not have said that right. But, we have a verizon cell phone that my wife keeps with her. Is this a problem using it "inside" the car? Will it cause problems with anything with the car? I am not interested in setting up a phone in the car.
Thank You for your help!
Brent

·
Registered
497 Posts
I put an older Nokia behind the gear lever and the switches for the windows failed, I expect this was coincidence.

I now put my (less old) Nokia either in the top compartment of the centre storage or stuck to the dashboard between the radio and the stowage compartment in front of the passenger.

Older phones may use greater power.

I think you would get more answers by setting up a poll so that we can vote without answering in detail.

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
We've had our 02 ML320 for more than two years without incident and regularly use our Alltel phones. Bluetooth, headset or regular Motorola-- doesn't matter-- they work fine with no negative effects inside the vehicle.

Regards-

·
Registered
526 Posts
We've never had any problems using our electronics in the vehicle, hasn't had any effects on any of the vehicles electronic equipment thus far.

Laptop, cell phones, pda's, etc...

Good Luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts