Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Vito 113
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As some of you may know I drive my Vito using hand controls as I am in a wheelchair, I have recently had some modifications made to the hand controls and other driving controls. I went out last night and when I pulled away from home I had a loud audible warning beeping noise and the handbrake light would not go off on the dashboard. When I slowed down and stopped at roundabouts and junctions the noise stopped too. I know the handbrake wasn't still on. I contacted the company who have recently carried out the work today and they sent someone out who said it was a 'Mercedes' warning noise not anything to do with the hand controls. So he has temporarily disconnected the wire from the battery that lights up the handbrake warning light. I do still have a light on the hand controls showing if the handbrake is on or not though.

I was wondering if there is such an audible warning on Vitos? Has anyone else ever heard a beeping noise if you have ever the handbrake warning light has stayed on for whatever reason? Also, if the wire to the handbrake warning light has been disconnected will the affect any other warning lights?

Many thanks,
Benz Bling

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had the audible warning, changed the handbrake shoes when i fitted new discs & pads, while coasting to a halt i used to handbrake to slow down & bed in the shoes to the drums & got the audible warning. I'd guess the handbrake switch is faulty or has come loose from it's fixing & not making a positive connection with your hand brake lever.
If the wire for the warning light comes direct from the battery it shouldn't affect any other circuit. Seems strange that the warning light would have it's own battery though?

Ugly

·
Registered
Vito 113
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ugly. Sorry I didn't make myself clear, the handbrake warning light doesn't have its own battery. It comes off the main battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts