Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers door of my 1995 S320 is not working the way it should seem to be. When I lock or unlock the door the rest of the doors will do the same, but the driver door has no reaction with the air system. I have noticed that the lock is "floppy", or not as stiff as the rest of the locks. Also the tab will not go all the way up either when in the unlock position. I have listened to hear if there is an air leak but so far have noticed no such sound in the system. I am wondering if the diaphram is blown out or if there is a more serious issue going on here.

Many thanks to all that can help me out here! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1999 Black S320.. 278,000 and still pulling strong
183 Posts
sounds like you got a broken locking rod.. take your door panel off check it out.. if thats your problem hit me up i got a nifty solution thats very inexpensive

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
If you think the door panel is pain, the vacuum diaphragm will be a bigger pain you'll end-up nicked-up fingers...

My guess that the vacuum motor has ruptured apart-mine did, and I fixed mine with warping cable ties to hold it together. You'll probably see the clips around the vacuum motor are cracked or missing...I fixed mine three years ago, and it is still holding,but the motors are cheap from autohausAZ

Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s)

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts