Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Is it really that hard to put in the green? Some people...

·
Registered
1984 300CD
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
1980 300D
228 Posts
Boardmonger said:
Is it really that hard to put in the green? Some people...
Down south here in Houston, it's yellow-handled in some stations, and get this, regular fuel is green-handled. Now I can see where someone COULD get confused... but I don't think it's that hard to look for the big words of DIESEL and UNLEADED FUEL on the back of the nozzles.

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
All you have to do is pay attention. Here in NTX, the diesel pump handles are either green or yellow, and there are way fewer diesel pumps than RUG. Look where PowerJoke or Dodges are parked as well. I have seen a few that use the black nozzles with green hoses as well.

·
Registered
85 300D (D for Don)
242 Posts
I own 2 cars, a truck and 5 motorcycles. 1 car and the truck are Diesel, the rest are gas. I can see how someone would accidentaly put gas in a Diesel.... especially if they often let a non-Diesel driver borrow it from time to time.

The truck is hard to mess up. It has a 4"X6" "Diesel Only" sitcker next to the fuel cap :)

·
Registered
1999, R129 Sl500
149 Posts
The really ironic thing is the 'Diesel' in the commercial using this device isn't actually a diesel and filling up in said manner would probably kill it.

The car used is a Subaru, and Subaru dont make any diesel models whatsoever.

If the inventors of the device dont know what fuel to put in their own car, I dont hold much hope for the product.

Besides which, having an electronic device such as this situated right next to the filler kneck of a *petrol* car seems a pretty dumb thing to do..... Kaboom!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
On the decal/sticker thread I made, there's one that has "DIESEL" on it. It's not the same as the original, but it should work!

·
Registered
‘83 380SL
1,448 Posts
While I was at the dealership getting my 300D's front end aligned a service administator comes in and says a customer with a loaner E320 Bluetech put gasoline in it and ruined the entire fuel system... what a frign tard...

·
Registered
1981 300D
646 Posts
They are orange at the Hess down the street from myself. I've had plenty of times in which the attendant will ask over the intercom if "I'm aware that I'm at the Diesel pump." Apparently its common for people with gasoline cars to fill up with Diesel by mistake. I suppose they just arn't weary enough.

·
Registered
'77 6.9, 74 240D, 96 Ram 5.9L Cummins
2,654 Posts
I wonder if it is meant for the elderly population in the UK. Pumps for diesel have been both green and yellow as I have seen. I still double check and look at the pump, the diesel pump is always the greasy one. :D

·
Registered
2007 S550
1,165 Posts
diametricalbenz said:
I wonder if it is meant for the elderly population in the UK. Pumps for diesel have been both green and yellow as I have seen. I still double check and look at the pump, the diesel pump is always the greasy one. :D
I was thinking the same thing, just pull into the greasy lane that's beside the diesel pump. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts