Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 CLK55 AMG, I wanted to get some base line number before I do any modifications. I found a local BMW Porsche Shop that has a Mustang Dynamometer. The Mustang Dynamometer shows real world horsepower and torque under a load at the rear wheels. This number will be lower than a Drum type dyno
Here's what we got:

The torque numbers are divided by the rear axle ratio.
The CLK55 AMG has a 2.82:1 ratio.
That puts the torque to the rear wheels when loaded.
At a disappointing 198.5.
And Horse Power at the rear wheel under a load 262.84
I now have a base line to compare to for future modifications
Just wanted to let ya know,
Tim

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard that is normal on MB's. Seams like allot of HP loss but the numbers speak the...

I've heard that is normal on MB's. Seams like allot of HP loss but the numbers speak the truth.
Tim

·
Registered
CLK55AMG
6 Posts
Timster... will you use this, and only this dynamometer after your mods? Oh by the way, th...

Timster... will you use this, and only this dynamometer after your mods? Oh by the way, thank's for the report. I have been reading your posts and after talking with you on the phone, you are not easily fooled by reports of high horse power by some manufactures! When I was younger I was lucky to have had a 454 Chevelle, there were only a few hundred made with the rock cruisher four speed. Everything I did to that car I told my father how it would help my gas mileage. He told me if what I said was true, I would have to stop often and empty the gas out of it.[:D] I will be watching your progress as you upgrade your 55. Good luck and thanks for sharing[:)][:)]

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi GB,
Good to hear from you!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have some mods plan...

Hi GB,
Good to hear from you!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have some mods planned, and I want to use the same dyno for two reasons.
First it's the closest one to me (LOL) and
Second I will have reliable, repeatable performance numbers that we can refer back to.

The Dyno shop has only one guy that does Dyno tuning. And Stew knows his stuff. We talked extensively about the differences between wrenching on a car and really tuning a car. I’ll keep ya posted.
Tim
PS
Can you forward me your info again, I accidentally deleted it the other day and wasn’t able to retrieve it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts