Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a little mishap - front bumper request - Taking things a step further thread now!

I haven't had time lately to drive the w140 I picked up. So my wife asked me to drive our oldest friend home, I figured I's shake a few cob-webs off the car. Long story short I pulled out of the kids driveway and caught the back of the Lorinser front bumper and it pulled out of place, took some damage and now needs some attention. Although I like the look and I could easily repair it, I'm thinking of replacing it with a Wald - Executive Line front - it doesn't sit nearly as low. The rear of the Wald and Lorinser kit are quite similar and I could live with mixing the 2 kits.
Does anyone have a line on just a Wald - Exe front bumper?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Check out Memoryfab.com. They are located in California and are an importer of rare and hard to get Japanese parts. Their site is pretty cool, they sell a lot of rare wheels as well. I believe they are a Wald distributor, so if you don't see it listed, give them a call and they should be able to locate it for you.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out Memoryfab.com. They are located in California and are an importer of rare and hard to get Japanese parts. Their site is pretty cool, they sell a lot of rare wheels as well. I believe they are a Wald distributor, so if you don't see it listed, give them a call and they should be able to locate it for you.
Thanks. They were on my list of places to contact. One of the local places say that Wald has discontinued w140 parts.
But I do see some on Japans auction site.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Took 2 months but pretty much back to normal after the rear dual ran over my lower leg and foot!! That freakin truck is heavy!!!! But not a heavy as the hit to my wallet!!

Smokie

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a body guy, but.....
I think the original install was done poorly. The guy who fixed the damage when I received the car from Japan didn't do things correctly. So today I'm grinding my teeth a bit.
And since I have had the damage I've been mulling over what to do with the car.
So I'm going to see what I can come up with for a new front bumper. I may repair/modify the current one and fix what others have made a mess of. If I go this route, I'll take about an 1-1/2" off the rear most part of the area that is at the wheel. That is what I see as being the problem. Maybe with a little tasteful manipulation I could have something unique.
I'll be changing the wheels. They're nice but not my cup of tea.
The interior I'm going to change the color on the wood trim. Maybe color it the same as the exterior of the car.
Change the steering wheel to an all black sportier one like I had in my cabrio.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stereo I've made adapters for the rear to go from stock to a 5-1/4"

I've made a box that will hang off the rear deck and house a shallow Pioneer 10" that I've owned for several years but have never hooked up. It'll be carpeted to blend into the trunk and is shallow enough to leave a bunch of room. I made is wide enough so the bass will flow into the cabin of the car threw the center most speaker holes.

The front's I'll either get a 3 way component set up or just run a 2 way component in the doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I have a little spare time I will look into making a new wood center radio/hvac piece to house a 2 din unit. I'll source out a damaged unit, and I should be able to replicate it. Sourcing out the veneers is not a problem. It's just a matter of getting the hole placement for the buttons, hvac and radio opening correct. Since I would be going with black painted I just have to make sure I have a good substrate for painting. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm interested to see what the interior looks like when your done. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
880 Posts
if you dont fix your kit then you still can get a Wald, i also want to buy a Wald executive line kit but i dont have the money right now, I know for a fact you can buy them from Jonari Corp. WALD MANSORY REVERE DMC HOFELE VITT | Jonari Corporation

However, Wald doesnt make the kit anymore so you would have to order it from Jonari then they would send the order to Wald, who would then take the mold and make a special order kit, they said it will take 2-3 months to get it. that, and it costs $3,500 for the whole kit including fog lights.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you dont fix your kit then you still can get a Wald, i also want to buy a Wald executive line kit but i dont have the money right now, I know for a fact you can buy them from Jonari Corp. WALD MANSORY REVERE DMC HOFELE VITT | Jonari Corporation

However, Wald doesnt make the kit anymore so you would have to order it from Jonari then they would send the order to Wald, who would then take the mold and make a special order kit, they said it will take 2-3 months to get it. that, and it costs $3,500 for the whole kit including fog lights.
Thanks for the lead!
Truthfully I can't justify spending $3500 + paint for the kit for this car. Although I like the car, I have intentions of aquiring and customizing another w124 (or two). The w140 for me is just a nice family car in which we are all comfortable in. Plust the fact that 4 adults fit in it easily is a bonus.
I'm sure with a little patients I could find the entire kit for less than $3500. But we'll see what happens. I'll see if I can fix/mod the Lorinser kit first. Then take it from there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Took 2 months but pretty much back to normal after the rear dual ran over my lower leg and foot!! That freakin truck is heavy!!!! But not a heavy as the hit to my wallet!!

Smokie
I buried my dually in some deep mud once. Those dogs are heavy. :surrender:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts