Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new kit for sale $250. i bought two kits and i was going to use this one for the high beam but i changed my mind.. i got them from www.hidynamic.com comes with a pair of 8000K bulbs, 2 ballasts with built in igniters, mounting brackets, screws, bolts and zip ties. I installed the low beam 4 months ago or so.. no problems at all.. not even bulb out warning. it doesnt come with a battery relay kit you can get it for 20-40 dollars or you can make your own, but you will have bulb out warning if you install a relay.. my theory is that the ballast will draw more power from the battery than from the stock harness..

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Just wondering is these will fit the R171 projector housings (I believe they're a H7 base) but mine would be D2S. Are these the D2R type conversions since the R170 is a reflector housing? Also what color 8000K are they (purple or blue)?

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slktyperice - 4/19/2005 1:30 PM

Just wondering is these will fit the R171 projector housings (I believe they're a H7 base) but mine would be D2S. Are these the D2R type conversions since the R170 is a reflector housing? Also what color 8000K are they (purple or blue)?
no.. this is not D2R/D2S conversion type, it's an H7 - H7 based HID bulb conversion, the bulbs have their own harness that plugs to the ballast's output harness unlike D2R and D2S the harness plugs right into the back of the bulbs. if your car is not HID equiped, i am pretty sure you are using an H7 type bulb and this kit will plug right in. If you have D2S/D2R then you already have HIDs , you no longer need this kit. If you really want to go with D2R/D2S conversion you will need "adapter rings" to make the bulbs fit on your housing and also some filing. If you need assistance on this, i'll be happy to help. [:)]

8000K = Bluish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.