Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for anyone that installed h&r's in their clk430. I had them installed about a month ago, but i havent drove the much because of the snow here in ny. My question is: is it normal for the back springs to sit high. There is about a 4 finger gap between the car and tire?? does this sound normal?? what could be the problem?? thanks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: H&R springs...answer:

Spring pads/buffers. This is the small rubber ring that sits atop your spring. They are different to each car. Different thicknesses=differing ride heights. If your car is too high for you, you'll need to dis-assemble it, take the spring pad off and replace it with a shorter/thinner one. They are available in 5 differing heights for 208/210. One word of caution though if you haven't driven the car much since you installed the springs, it may not have settled to its permanent ride height. Good luck, allen.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talk to someone at MB and was told that having the springs installed will void the warranty . I want to know what are the atvantages of having the car lowered and does the car ride any better/smoother ?<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 finger gap? that's huge. it should...

sit right above the tire (less than an inch).my pal Brent has the H&R setup on his Clk. Did the tech forget to adjust the rear shock perch? (on Bilsteins). What type of shocks you usin'?<p>joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i WAS THINKING ABOUT PURCHASING H&R SPRINGS, BUT SEVERAL DEALERS IN MY AREA ARE TELLING ME TO GO WITH INTRAX, WHAT DO YOU THINK? DO YOU LIKE THE RIDE ON H&R'S?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts