Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
The guy in the workshop told me that i should replace the entire dampers for lowering the car, and i asked for just replace the stock's springs with H&R, he said only replacing the springs will make the suspension too hard.....<br>
Please help, brothers, is he right or not?<br>
I am sure he has a point, but does the performance difference worth spending more money?<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
You don't have to change the shocks, but..

in time they will sag (usually after 15k miles with stock shocks) because of the shorter spring. <br> <br> What CLK do you have ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: You don't have to change the shocks, but..

Is there some<br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> I have a CLK 320. Is there anyone here actually have upgraded the dampers after having aftermarket springs in their first move, and feel not satisfied?<br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 320 . I did change just the spring at first .... but after (more)

a few thousand miles .... I end up changing my shocks to Billstein Shock. The ride is much more better w/Billstein Shock.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest getting the H&R Cup Kit from AutoClass.net....

It comes with matched springs and dampers and the ride quality is absolutely magnificent.

·
Registered
BLaCk CLk
6 Posts
go with an H&R cup kit....how many miles have you put on your shocks now?...

go with an H&R cup kit....how many miles have you put on your shocks now?

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Aftermarket Shock absorbers

I ended up doing the H&R and Bilstein combo and it is an adjustment from the stock suspension for obvious reasons since the car is sitting almost two inches lower. But, the car does ride smooth.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts