Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roads are too rough up here so I took the H&R springs out of the front of my coupe. They were in there for only 2 weeks. I also have the 23mm cups to go with these. I will be posting them on the for sale forum in a few days. I would like to get my cost back ($70.00)

·
Registered
1982 240D M/T White
196 Posts
What are the advantages for these springs ? How much do they lower the car (not good in my case) ?

Fronts only ?

How much was handling improved ?

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to take pic for you later this week. I bought the springs new and have had them in for 2 weeks with new HD shocks. With the 23mm shims they lowered the car by 1 1/2 inches. They were on my 85 300CD. The springs and I are in Canada. The ride was alot firmer than I had anticipated, maybe should have stayed with comfort shocks, but it cornered like a go cart.

·
Registered
V8 W123
398 Posts
Were they in a 300CD? or a 280CE?

I am transplanting a 5.0L into a 300CD and it is apparently alot lighter than the OM617, as it sita about 2" higher with the V8!!

What is the ride height? (floor to fender)and which engine do you have?
Bob

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
300CD with the OM617. I took the springs out already and can't give you a measure. I did have one pic before I took it out. I am going to remove the rear ones as well as soon as I can put together the extra cash to have it done.
Front tires are 205/65/15

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,970 Posts
pm me regarding the springs[:)]

·
Registered
1985 300CD
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your right Andre. It took me a year to find them in California. Shame I couldn't stand the ride, cause it shure did handle real good. Congrats on the V8.

A

·
0 Posts
Just thought i'd let u guys know, that this particular set of springs is MINE!!! [:D]

I can hardly wait to install them, right before the German Car Show!!

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,134 Posts
The front looks nice, but it looks like he's hauling a load of bricks in the trunk.

I've always thought the 14" front tires looked small in the well. It makes me think of a good looking girl wearing Doc Martens or something clunky.

Though, I've always liked the way the rear sits up high and perky. Looks sporty. Reminds me of Sporty Spice's ass. Not really, just looking for something to say. [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts