Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Capri Blue C320 is arriving soon and I need to know which springs to purchase. I have 19' Carlsson rims and I am debating between H&R or Eibach springs. Looking for the springs that will give me the most 'comfortable' ride. Help!! Any suggestions...which one do I pick??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think most ppl will tell u H&R has a more comfortable ride vs. Eibach. However, Eibach can lower yr car a bit more. They are about the same 'performance-wise'.<br> I have ordered the H&R Cup Kit 3.5 for my C32.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading a lot on different forums, I did Eibachs, staying with stock shocks. Ride comfort is as good, if not better, on smooth roads, a little worse on bad roads. Most said H & R were rougher, as they are more performance-oriented. I was going for cosmetics. No regrets!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like everyone has differing oppinions on H&R vs. Eibachs -- with 19's. So, I'll throw in my 2 cents. I have H&R's, the ride is softer than I thought it'd be. The car tends to rebound too much on bumpy roads at high speeds (the front tires actually has rubbed on the plastic fender protector). My dealer said that Eibachs don't lower the car as much as the H&R's and the Eibachs are a little more stiffer and don't rebound as much. So, I may switch to Eibach if the front tires continue to rub on bumpy roads.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comfort = Eibach, because.....

Eibach springs are progressive while H&R are linear.<br> <br> This was what AMG Performance Group advised me.<br> <br> Beng

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: H&R or EIBACH SPRINGS???

Which Eibach springs, the Pro-lines? Also are you using stock sport package shocks? Finally how much was the car lowered and was there any need for shims ? thnx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts