Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

H&R Cup Kit

1962 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Euro16
I've been searching for the perfect sport suspension for my 1993 190E 2.3 and I picked up a set of H&R Sport Springs from the www.tirerack.com.

The H&R SS lower the car 1.3" (f) and 1.25" (r). I Haven't installed these springs yet because I've been thinking of giving the car a more serious and aggressive drop so I can completely get rid of front fender gap!

So my question is will the H&R Cup Kit (which lowers the car 2.0" (f) and 1.7" (r)) work with my 1993 2.3? Meaning will it have major rubbing issues? I have 17" x 7.5" AMG Monoblock II wheels wrapped with 215/40 zr-17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
I believe your tire size is perfect for the cup kit. You can always use the spring pads al...

I believe your tire size is perfect for the cup kit. You can always use the spring pads also to tailor the fit for your car. I was going to run the exact same setup as you, but got a deal on the regular H&R springs and bilstein shocks. I will be using shorter pads though so it will be low almost like a cup kit. If you do run into trouble, just get the fenders rolled. I saw a 16v with a cup kit and tires bigger than yours (235/40R17) with only fenders rolled on one side. No rubbing problems at all.

· Registered
190 E 2.3-16 Euro
26 Posts
I was looking at the cup kits, but can't get anything to come up for the 16 valves. Will ...

I was looking at the cup kits, but can't get anything to come up for the 16 valves. Will they fit alright? Or is it just a case of them being overly cautious?

· Registered
190 E 2.3-16 Euro
26 Posts
Wait... okay, I just actually read your post kiato4 and realized that it was a 16 valve......

Wait... okay, I just actually read your post kiato4 and realized that it was a 16 valve... so what specs was it? Thanks

· Registered
89 Posts
Here's the deal on 16v Euro16. 16v have the same essential suspension as regular 2.3 8v ex...

Here's the deal on 16v Euro16. 16v have the same essential suspension as regular 2.3 8v except for the rear selfleveling shocks. Obviously swaybars and springs are different, but any 2.3 suspension parts fit on our cars. If you get rid of the rear self leveling shocks by getting an engine block off plate from Bekkers or Delsing Motorsport [email protected], you can fit any 2.3 suspension parts. A cup kit will then fit. I believe that 16v owner I mentioned use #3 pads all around and rolled the rear fenders. Get a cupkit, 215/40R17 tires, and #3 pads and it will fit perfectly with out rolling fenders.

· Registered
190 E 2.3-16 Euro
26 Posts
I have 17" AT Italia rims on low profile Yokohama Paradas now. [^] I like em! But, yeah...

I have 17" AT Italia rims on low profile Yokohama Paradas now. [^] I like em! But, yeah, it definately needs a drop. I'd like to run #1 pads in front and #2 in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.