Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
like the car man, looks clean and sharp, not so sure about that window sun visor but otherwise nice ride, cant wait to see those 20's.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arabian Knights said:
like the car man, looks clean and sharp, not so sure about that window sun visor but otherwise nice ride, cant wait to see those 20's.
Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:
Next I will smooth the hood. I want a Lorinsor DTM front bumper. Main concern is the fitment quality.

·
Registered
00 CLK 430
405 Posts
An AMG 320?? Did the dealer tell you that?

·
Registered
05 A6 3.2Q, 07 A4 2.0T S-Line
413 Posts
Dope.

Our cars look like twins except mine is black. I bought the car with 18" Brabus OE's on it, same style you have although mine are a little more scratched up because I drive it almost every day. I noticed your car does not have the front side markers so I guess they're not required in Japan.

How is the ride? I've been thinking about lowering as well but even without being lowered I can already scratch parking blocks if I'm not careful. Did you change out the shocks? Are the pad sizes there different than in the U.S.? I've read most people go #2 in the front and #1 pad in the back.

Damn, how do I resize pics?

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
D2k said:
Dope.

Our cars look like twins except mine is black. I bought the car with 18" Brabus OE's on it, same style you have although mine are a little more scratched up because I drive it almost every day. I noticed your car does not have the front side markers so I guess they're not required in Japan.

How is the ride? I've been thinking about lowering as well but even without being lowered I can already scratch parking blocks if I'm not careful. Did you change out the shocks? Are the pad sizes there different than in the U.S.? I've read most people go #2 in the front and #1 pad in the back.

Damn, how do I resize pics?

I used the H&R 31007-7 SPORT CUP KIT, 1.9 Inch Drop (FR) & -1.6 Inch Drop (RR).

Spring pads are #5 in the front and #3 in the rear.

It drives awesome. Smooth like OEM and the handling, lets just say you will never get bored or run out of ideas to try on the road. :D

Side markers on the bumper are not required.
Side markers on the fender are pre- 00' clk's.

I would like to see more pictures of your vehicle. Resize depends on the program but most should have an Edit and Resize function. If your program is only a picture viewer then there are no editing functions. You need a graphics editor program. Most programs have two, one for just viewing and another for editing. I don't do much graphic editing so I use Nero Photo Editor which is very simple. PhotoShop are for people that want to do some advance editing, mostly graphic artists use PhotoShop.

·
Registered
05 A6 3.2Q, 07 A4 2.0T S-Line
413 Posts
Williams,

More pics of my ride are posted in the Whips Pix sticky at the top of the page of this W208 forum. I'm on page 8 of that thread (scroll down a little). That's where I got the pic of my wheel from.

The first time I posted those pics they were actually "normal" size but now they are huge. Not sure what's up but I don't want to bother resizing them now. ;)

BTW, my brakes only have about 3mm of breathing space in the front b/c the calipers are quite thick. More breathing room in the back if I ever decide to get something with a deeper lip.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
D2k said:
Williams,

More pics of my ride are posted in the Whips Pix sticky at the top of the page of this W208 forum. I'm on page 8 of that thread (scroll down a little). That's where I got the pic of my wheel from.

The first time I posted those pics they were actually "normal" size but now they are huge. Not sure what's up but I don't want to bother resizing them now. ;)

BTW, my brakes only have about 3mm of breathing space in the front b/c the calipers are quite thick. More breathing room in the back if I ever decide to get something with a deeper lip.
Your car looks good. :thumbsup: I think having it lowered will accent your big brakes better. Lowering it will also give it a more sporty appearance and emphasized it as being a bad azz CLK 55 :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice car bro ...
Can any one help please!!!
I want o buy this hr sport cup kit for my car clk 320 2000 but I didnt find any website that offers international shipping. I live in Saudi Arabia.

so help please .....

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nice car bro ...
Can any one help please!!!
I want o buy this hr sport cup kit for my car clk 320 2000 but I didnt find any website that offers international shipping. I live in Saudi Arabia.

so help please .....
Thanks, but those are old pictures. I got 20's on my ride now.

I got my H&R from tirerack via the tirerack fourm. You can ask them there.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/tire-racks-tire-wheel-brake-suspension/

or you can try this site but I don't know anything about them.

AEM Apexi DC Sports Exedy Greddy --- MorePowerRacing.com

You can also try searching the web by the part number 31007-7 if you have not done so already. Maybe someone else knows a place that sells H&R and ships international.

·
Registered
01 CLK55 & 00 ML55
863 Posts
Williams,

Did you end up getting a camber kit? If not, are there any light camber issues and how do you deal with them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts