Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're considering anti roll bars for your SLK, you might want to consider those made by H&R, which just came out here in Europe. Just take a look at all those exotic bends of the posterior bar, and the varying thickness of the bar itself; it's a work of art. [8D] The anterior bar is similiar to the OEM bar, but is beefed up.

I set up my car with all H&R suspension components, and the car now drives like a sports car! I used to have white knuckles driving into some outside curves on the autostrada (oftentimes at 160 Km/h), but no more. With the car lowered, and with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires, the car very gently rolls into the curve instead of barrelling into it.

My SLK 200 came with Dunlop Sport 2000E tires, and even though they have enough tread left for about 10,000 miles, I got rid of them. I have a totally different car with the Goodyear Eagles, and this is a bit perplexing, since the 2000E's are rated as being "excellent" in all categories by The Tire Rack.

Does anyone have a similiar setup, and are the H&R anti roll bars now available in the U.S.? I was going to go for a different setup after having had heard comments on H&R's harshness, and springs becoming asymmetrical, but several folks who lower lots of SLK related that they have experienced no problems.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Ive been running the GS D3's for about 7000 miles now and I have to say I would have NO other tire on this car.

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
ByByeAmericanPie - 2/27/2005 5:32 PM

Ive been running the GS D3's for about 7000 miles now and I have to say I would have NO other tire on this car.
Did you tried Bridgestone? Ore some more tire?

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Tried the Pilot Sports, Kumhos and ContiSports.

The GS D3 is SO far above them its hard to describe

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
I tried Toyo T1, Barum Bravuris and Bridgestone S03
I like Bridge but I'm going to try Kumho since they will cost half of the Bridge price.[:D]
Then.. As soon as I end the Kumhos I will buy Goodyear to test them up

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cixi - 2/27/2005 10:56 PM

I tried Toyo T1, Barum Bravuris and Bridgestone S03
I like Bridge but I'm going to try Kumho since they will cost half of the Bridge price.[:D]
For good prices, check out:

http://www.gommadiretto.it/start.html

·
Registered
SLK 350 + AMG Kit
491 Posts
I know that site thank You...
They are german.
The best price so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts