Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
CLK500 - ML320
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've almost had it with the build quality of my 2002 ML320 and I get nothing but problems, my friends Explorer is built better than this Mercedes, sure it's amazing in the snow, and is extremely safe, but the fact that I spend so much trying to maintain this vehicle doesnt seem logical to me, especially to a car that is so far behind than it's competitors. This might be my post to throw the towel in on this car, and I'm sad to say it... I had so much faith in this SUV but it's let me down, and Mercedes is doing absolutely nothing to keep me as a customer, will I buy the W164? Probably not, but we'll see...

My question is this... Has anyone test driven the Porsche Cayenne S? How does it compare in quality? I know the service costs for this car is fairly high because it is a Porsche, but from what I hear this SUV is basically maintaince free because of an excellent build quality, can anyone chime in? BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne???

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your Mercedes. I'm not really parcial to any brand. I LOVE Mercedes, specialy my truck, but I love all vehicles. So my opinion is pretty much un-biased:

I've test driven both vehicles you mention ... the Porsche is just unreal (I test drove the Turbo). Get the Porsche if you just want a FAST, sports car inspired station-wagon/SUV. The off-roading capabilities are so-so but it handles AMAZINGLY. The X5 is also a great vehicle, but getting outdated. Wait till the newer X5 comes out. You may want to look into the VW Touareg, they are pretty capable off-road and very nice on road as well as very reliable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its a shame to hear that your having so many problems, my 01 ML320 is fairing well compared to most people on the Forum!! Touch wood!

The Porsche is the way to go, my cousin swapped his 99 ml320 for the "S" and it is truely amazing. The interior is perfect, best interior for any suv. The performance is excellent, i personally cant fault the car apart from the price tag!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts